Chapter 7: In The Shadow Of Mystacor

~CATANNA P.O.V

I heard someone yawn beside me and my ear twitched. I slowly opened my eyes and sat down, stretching my arms. I looked to my left and saw Bow looking over at Glimmer, who was still asleep, along with Kyle. "Good morning Glimmer," Bow said.

Glimmer groaned. "Noooo. It's too early. Five more minutes," she mumbled, using her cape to cover her face.

"But it's a beautiful morning," Bow tried to reason.

"Yeah, it is," Kyle muttered in agreement as he woke up, rubbing his eyes.

"Today's canceled. Go back to bed," Glimmer waved her hand, trying to us to stop talking.

Kyle sat up and scooted over to me as we sat with Bow, the three of us staring at Glimmer. She groaned slightly, taking her cape off her head. "I can feel you three staring at me. Why is it the one who snores is always the first one to fall asleep?" she questioned, sitting up to look at us.

I shrugged. "I wouldn't know, Kyle and I were out like a light," I responded.

"Y-Yeah," Kyle stuttered, nodding in agreement.

"What? I don't snore," Bow said before he looked at Adora. "Adora, do I snore-?"

Bow cut himself off when we noticed that Adora wasn't nearby. We looked up and saw her looking out into the trees.

"Adora?" I called, but she didn't turn back to us.

Glimmer groaned, grabbing hold of the three of us and teleporting us next to Adora. We bumped into her when we appeared, causing Adora to jump. "Sorry, too early to teleport," Glimmer apologized.

Adora's gaze is fixed on the forest ahead of us. Kyle leaned forward, glancing between her and the forest. "Uh, Adora... What are we looking at?" he asked.

"I don't know. I heard a noise in the woods last night. And I thought I saw something," she explained to

"What? Like a bunny? Maybe a butterfly?" Glimmer sarcastically responded/joked, causing me to nudge her in the side.

Adora stared at her for a few seconds before she looked back out into the forest.

I placed a hand on her shoulder, causing Adora to jump. "Adora, did you get any sleep at all?" I asked, concerned for her.

"Someone has to stand guard," Adora snapped before she walked off, crossing her arms with an uneased look on her face.

Glimmer walked over to Adora and set her hands on Adora's arm. "Okay, I know you're on edge because of what happened with Entrapta's infected robots, but it's all over now. You've got to relax. You need a vacation. Which is why we're going to Mystacor,"

Bow gasped. "Mystacor? No way," he cheered,

"Mystacor?" Kyle and I questioned in unison.

"Wait, what's Mystacor?" Adora questioned.

"It's a secret floating kingdom that's home to all of Etheria's sorcerers. It's got tranquil gardens, beautiful beaches, and healing springs. And my aunt Castaspella just happens to be the head sorceress there," Glimmer explained.

"You'll love it, guys. Plus you won't have to worry about evil things in the woods, Adora. Mystacor is protected by an invisibility spell, so evil can't find it," Bow reassured.

"It's the safest and most peaceful place in all of Etheria. We'll have you relaxing in no time," Glimmer explained, leading Adora, Kyle, and I away from where we were standing before.

"You know we've never relaxed in our lives, right?" Adora stated, motioning to herself, Kyle, and me.

"Yep," I popped my lips.