f i v e🌸

I heard birds tweeting and fluttered my eyes open. Where was I? I looked around me confused. Suddenly images from last night came into my mind. I escaped the orphanage. Yes!. I took a glance at my old leather wrist watch and saw that it was nine thirty in the morning.

I had to get a move on, it wasn't safe here. Grabbing my luggage, I started my fast paced walk to God knows where. I'd have to get a cab if I ever wanted to make it to another state. Tugging my luggage along, I walked to the end of the road and waited for a few minutes to see if any cars would pass by. After some time, I gave up. Oh, who am I kidding?! It's a deserted road. The chances of any cars passing is close to nothing. I sighed in frustration and dragged my suitcase along with me as I began my journey to nowhere in particular. I walked at the side of the road for so long that I my sweat began dripping from my face like drizzles of rain. Should have ditched the suitcase. It added to all the stress but I badly needed it. Didn't want to waste my savings on new stuff. I was exhausted but I had to keep going if I wanted to get the fuck out of here.

I forced and kept walking, I'm guessing for about fifteen minutes until I saw a clearing ahead. I leaped for joy and continued unti I came to a stop where there were a few buildings around. I skimmed through the buildings and heard music playing in a distance. I walked further and saw people walking about and laughing. Looked like some kind of fair. Wait, is this place part of my town or state? The whole thing gave the 80's vibes. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize I bumled into someone.

"Fuck!" The stranger hissed.
I looked up and noticed that his drink was now spilled all over his shirt. I looked into his eyes and was ready for a punch or kick but it never came.
"You need to watch where you're going" he said but in a polite way.
Well, he's at least nice. Somebody else would have been all up in my face raining insults by now or would have even graced my body with a few punches.
"I'm so sorry man, I wasn't looking. I'm new here and was trying to take in my surroundings" I responded with a small smile an my hands behind my neck.
"It's alright. I'm Elijah" he stuck his hand out for a handshake.
I took it and introduced myself too.
"So, Adrian, you said you were new here. Heading somewhere in particular then? Or this is your final destination? He asked.
"Nah, I'm going to New York. Just set off".
"Really? Why, if you don't mind me asking".
"Long story". I laughed nervously.
"Sure. Do you have a ride or anything?"
"I don't actually" I admitted.
"Want one?" He offered.
"Yeah, thanks. I could really use one. I have no idea where I'm headed"
"Follow me". He instructed.

I followed him to a two storey house. It was pretty cool. We went to the garage and Elijah opened it. In there, was a black Audi R8 and a motorcycle. Dude must have a decent job to own vehicles like these. He unlocked the car and pressed a button on the door. The trunk opened up and he told me to put my luggage in it. He closed the trunk and walked to the driver's seat. I got in the passenger seat and he backed out of the garage. After closing it, we hit the road.