tending your wounds - kafka x reader

it had been a long day for Kafka. she got into a time-wasting fight with the Nameless and ended up hurting herself badly.

you on the other hand, were speeding through your work at the Stellaron hunters base. Kafka is your loving girlfriend, and you do worry about her from time to time, but you were sure she would be fine.

                        oh boy were you wrong this time.

Kafka returned to the base, letting out a stuttered and fallen apart "baby, I'm back!" she coughed post sentence.

"Kafka? are you okay?" you worriedly asked, hurrying towards the door. after reaching the entrance, you let out a short gasp, holding Kafka's figure to let her lean onto you. she accepted the invitation and let a bit of her weight onto your body.

"what happened?" you guided her towards the couch, easing her body for her to sit while you placed yourself next to her.

"ah— just got into a... little bit of conflict with the Astral Express crew, that's it."

"please rest, Kafka. I'll go get the bandages and other supplies." you said, Kafka didn't have the energy to argue back.

as you returned with bandages, a moist towelette, a cotton pad, rubbing alcohol, and some drinking alcohol to keep Kafka occupied. furthermore sitting down at Kafka's side once again.

"why thank you honey~" she swirled the glass a bit, taking a sip while you lifted her shirt just enough to expose her cut and nothing else.

you took the cotton pad and wet it with the rubbing alcohol, placing it along her wound, being sure to be as gentle as possible.

"you're so adorable when focused." Kafka said, looking upon your features and admiring them.

her words caught you off guard a bit, making you stop working on her cut. "well maybe if you don't talk anymore you can keep looking at this adorable face."

she laughed and lowered her head just a bit to plant a kiss on yours, afterwards taking another sip of the alcohol given to her.

you proceeded to dab the moist towelette over all of the affected skin, further bandaging up your girlfriends side and lowering the shirt upon her skin. "alright, anywhere else?"

"I need to heal from the time I've spent away from you, love." she placed her hand to cup your face.

you sighed, knowing she would give you all the cuddles and not let you leave her grasp for quite a while.