arlan x m!reader

it was your first day as a security department employee, and you were lost as hell.

"urghh..." you placed a hand atop your forehead, scolding yourself for getting into this mess.

as you were about to text Asta to come find you, you were completely unaware of the giant Trampler approaching you with the intent of absolutely slaughtering you.

it was only a few feet away from you. as you turned your head, you let out a gasp before dodging a swing from this four-legged creature.

you backed away quickly from the approaching Trampler, continuing to dodge attacks by barely an inch.

you were shaking and trying to keep yourself together so you could buy yourself enough time to return to the safezone and inform others about the beast.

"hey!!" you heard a voice sounding around your age yell.

as you looked around frantically, you saw the boy swinging his claymore at the legion monster.

the legion beast let out a scream before falling on all four of its knees and fading away like dust in a windstorm.

the boy rushed towards you. "are you hurt?" he asked.

"no, I-I'm fine." you stuttered over your words due to the adrenaline rushing in your veins.

"your sure..?" he didn't believe you due to your immense shaking.

"hah, it's not everyday I run into a 7-foot, four-legged, murder machine." you laughed. "I'm just a little jolted, that's all."

"your the new recruit?" he asked.

"yep, that's me!" you pointed your thumb towards yourself, quickly lowering it after realizing it's not the best thing to be proud of. "it's a little embarrassing running into-" you paused before continuing your sentence. "the head of the department, Arlan.."

you sighed, and poked at your fingers a little. "now it's even more embarrassing..."

Arlan leaned towards you a little. "nonono, it's okay! I didn't expect you to be amazing your first day! it happens to the best of us." he attempted relieving your embarrassment.

"I was actually here to check up on you, Lady Asta has a location tracker on you." Arlan pulled out his phone and showed you the map.

"ahah, that's silly, do I really get lost all that much?" you asked yourself.

some silence proceeded to fill the time before Arlan looked at you. "well, do you want to go back to base zone and have some fried rice?"

"sure!" you excitedly answered.