Chapter 9: Dark Wing, The Wings Of Vengeance

??? POV

"Please. Have mercy!" The boy pleaded as we advanced towards him, chuckling eagerly.

"Pathetic. Can't even fight back. You should've just taken my advice and backed off. Now, you're gonna pay." I said as my boys started kicking him down.

As we started harassing the boy, I told them to back away as I raised my bat to finish him off until a crossbow bolt knocked it out of my hands. I looked up to see Sparrow aiming his wristbow at us.

"Didn't your mother tell you to not go around beating up others?" He asked.

"It's Sparrow! Waste him!" I shouted.

My boys darted towards him, only to get knocked down by Bat Wing. I swung my bat at him, but he blocked with his staff and jabbed it at my face, breaking my nose. Before he could recover, Sparrow fired some sort of bolas at me and tied me up. The rest of my gang were already subdued by Bat Wing.

"Let me go, you bastard! That brat stood in my way while my friends and I were having fun!" I shouted.

"Fun? You call torturing pigeons and harassing Mr Ramier fun. You got a twisted definition of fun." Sparrow replied.

"Hey! He was Mr Pigeon not too long ago! It's his fault he was akumatized!" I retorted.

The police arrived to drag us away. As I entered the van, I called out to Sparrow.

"You're gonna pay for getting in my way, Sparrow! Once I get out, you're dead!"

Timeskip 

Cole POV

I heard that the bird park will need to be renovated for better security, meaning that Xavier Ramier and his birds would have to stay in the park, much to most of the rangers' dismay. I also heard that the boy who was detained was called Christopher Rivers, a drop out high school student in a different city who left to live in Paris with his friends.

"I heard he's got into trouble with the police more than once. He's even got a bag of cocaine in his apartment." Ivan said.

"No kidding. That dude is not right in the head." Nino said.

As the rumours went round, Layla and I left to go to the park. There we saw Xavier with his pigeons.

"Mr Ramier. Are you alright?" I asked.

"Oh, Colin. Yes, I'm alright. Thanks to Sparrow and Bat Wing, my pigeons are safe. But, I'm afraid that the park needs to be renovated for the next couple of weeks. I've been trying to keep a low profile from Lieutenant Roger for a while. He still hasn't forgiven me for my actions as Mr Pigeon." Xavier replied sadly.

"Hey, I'm sure things will turn out ok in the end." Layla said.

Ever since the events of Mr Pigeon, I've been visiting Xavier for a while as both Colin Mcginnis and as Sparrow. It wasn't long until we ended up being friends due to our mutual admiration in birds and other animals. No doubt Omar bullies me even more because I'm hanging out with a former supervillain.

"Hey, we should head back. Break's almost over." Layla said.

I nodded and bid Mr Ramier goodbye before making my way back to the school. Suddenly, we heard an explosion in the distance and saw people running for cover. I looked up to see a figure dressed in a black and silver suit with a helmet covering his face.    

"Sparrow! I know you're here! Come out and face me!" He shouted

Wait. That voice sounds familiar. I thought.

"Layla, go and hide!" I said.

"What are you going to do?" Layla asked me.

"I'll be fine. Now, go." I replied.

Layla nodded and went to hide while I slipped inside an alleyway and swapped to Sparrow. Afterwards, I made my way to the rooftops and darted towards the figure. He noticed me and chuckle.

"At last, you're here." He said.

"Who are you?" I asked, only for him to laugh.

"I'll give you a hint. I'm the one who was harassing Mr Pigeon." He replied.

It took me a moment to realize who it is.

"Christopher Rivers." I growled.

"Correct. Hawkmoth's given me the power to get rid of you once and for all. And now, I can kill you here and now! Also, the name's Dark Wing!" He replied and darted towards me.

I quickly flipped away from his claws and fired two bolas bolts at him, only for him to cut them in half with his claws. I pulled out my staff and started countering his blows.

"Where are your allies, Sparrow? Have they abandoned you?" Dark Wing taunted.

"They're on their way right now. All I have to do is buy time. That is if I don't beat you first." I said as I blocked his claws and pushed him back with a kick to the stomach.

We continued to trade blows until Dark Wing grabbed my staff and kicked me away. As I rolled back to my feet, I dived to the side as a laser almost cut me in half. My danger sense acted up and I quickly caught Dark Wing's claws before they slashed my neck. I tried to push back, but to no avail.

"You know what happened before I came here? I was abused by my parents, bullied at school and worse, people treat me like crap! So when I came here, I decided that I'll be the biggest menace the whole world will remember. So, Hawkmoth's given me this power in order to achieve my dream. And the first thing I'm gonna do is kill Sparrow!" Dark Wing explained as he pushed his claws into my shoulder.

Suddenly, a yo-yo ensnared around his neck and pulled him away from me. Before he could recover, Cat Noir swung his staff at his stomach and knocked him down.

"Sorry we were late." Bat Wing said as she helped me up.

"No problem. Let's take this guy down." I said as I recovered my staff.

Dark Wing looked down and saw Layla hiding in an alleyway. Terror gripped my heart as he dived down and scooped her up before we could react. 

"You want her. Come and get her!" Dark Wing shouted as he flew away.

"Oh no you don't!" I shouted and fired my grapple bolt at his leg, pulling him towards me.

Dark Wing smirked and flew away, dragging me along for the ride. As Ladybug and the others followed me, I was hanging on for dear life, dodging signs and crashing into buildings. I felt a few bruises form on my body, but hearing Layla's cries for help were more than enough for me to ignore the pain.

"Sparrow, look out!" Ladybug called.

I looked and saw a billboard of Jagged Stone. Cursing, I braced myself for impact, crashing through the billboard. Dark Wing saw that I was still clinging on for dear life and flew upwards. I used my Sparrow Vision and saw that the akuma was inside his bracers. Suddenly, I saw Bat Wing's hookshot ensnaring around Dark Wing's left leg and Bat Wing herself pulling him down. Cat Noir extended his staff and knocked Dark Wing in the head, causing him to drop Layla. I quickly retracted my grapple shot and dived towards Layla, catching her and used my grapple shot to hang onto a ledge. 

As I set Layla down, I used my Feather Shot to break the bracers on Dark Wing's wrist and freed the akuma, allowing Ladybug to purify it. She then reverted the damage caused by the akuma and Dark Wing swapped into Christopher Rivers, who was cuffed by Agent Roger.

"Thank you, Sparrow! You saved our daughter." My uncle Matthew said as he hugged Layla along with Aunt Elizabeth.

"You're welcome, sir." I said and smirked at Layla behind my mask, who looked at me with wonder, awe and admiration.

My ring started beeping.

"Gotta run. See ya!" I said and left, not before earning a glare from Chris.

Something tells me that I might be seeing Dark Wing again. I thought.