Chapter 4: Pencak Silat Training and Dark Fist

Marinette POV

At school, our P.E. Teacher, Mr D'Argencourt was temporarily replaced by martial arts teacher and Pencak Silat champion, Timothy Volkov. The principal stated that due to some of the attacks, he suggested that he could  help better prepare the students in case of an emergency. While some were ecstatic about today's lesson, some were uninterested, like Chloe, or were confused about what Pencak Silat is.

As Volkov explained, I thought back to when Sparrow and Cat Noir rescued me from a group of thugs. Even if I'm Ladybug, I'm still as vulnerable as everyone else. Thankfully, Sparrow taught me a few self defence moves to improve myself with and without my miraculous. Of course, I didn't tell him I'm Ladybug.

"This is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. Why must we learn a pointless martial art when we have Ladybug to fight for us?" Chloe whined.

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

After a few stretches, some students were paired up and started sparring. Ivan had to sit out because he was too afraid of hurting others. And almost everyone was still haunted by his actions as Stoneheart, despite it happening a few months ago. I was paired up with Kim and won, thanks to my brief training sessions with Sparrow.

"Thanks, Sparrow." I muttered to myself.

"Colin Mcginnis vs Omar Alexanderson." Volkov announced.

Nino patted Cole's back as he got up while Omar smugly went to his feet and walked towards him. We watched as the two got ready to spar.

"You're gonna eat the dirt, punk." Omar said with a smirk.

"Keep dreaming, Omar." Cole replied and bowed stiffly.

"Begin!" Volkav shouted.

The two started exchanging blows and it seemed that Omar was on the offensive while Cole blocked his attacks. He attempted to do a sweep kick, but Cole managed to evade it and countered with a sharp knee to his stomach. Omar growled as Cole cooly circled around him.

"It looks like he's done this before." Alya whispered to me.

I nodded as I watched them trade blows until Colin threw a punch at Omar's solar plexus, stunning him. Before he could react, Cole darted forward, grabbed him by the arm and threw him over his shoulder, forcing Omar to the ground. 

As everyone clapped and cheered for Cole, I noticed that Samantha was in awe by the performance while Layla smirked, nodding her head in pride.

  "Our uncle's teachings really helped him out." She said.

Before Cole returned to his seat, an enraged Omar threw a punch at him. He quickly evaded the punch, not before Omar managed to grab his shirt and attempted to pull him to the ground. Suddenly, his shirt was torn off and we saw a nasty scar on his chest.

 Suddenly, his shirt was torn off and we saw a nasty scar on his chest

Everyone gasped at the sight while Layla gulped. 

"Damn. How did he get those scars?" Kim gasped.

"It's fake! He probably put makeup on it!" Omar said as he attempted to wipe it off, only to see that the scars were real.