𝟏 || 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐚

Ever felt like you were wearing the weight of thousands of rocks, well, that's how I am feeling right now

I am standing in front of the mirror in my personal dressing room, The maiden Behind me fixing my tight dress, or I should say the weight of thousands of stones I am wearing. Well, I am here trying on different dresses for my birthday party.

My mother forced me to try them out as per my comfort; otherwise she'll choose something of her own which will be worse than the dress I am trying. And I am forced to decide such heavy dresses only because the birthday party will be grand.

Usually, we just celebrate my birthday normally among our people and by distributing gifts among the citizens of Daegu. I don't like grand celebrations nor my mother likes to make any effort on it after my father, the king of Daegu Passed away 3 years ago because of Leukemia.

That was the most heartbreaking moment of my life, I am still trying to move on from it. I shared an unconditional bond with my father. He was the only man in my life I loved. I am still trying to move on from his death. It was difficult for the whole kingdom.

Well, this year is different, mother has invited guests from mostly States of Korea and From her Country, London. My mother, Marie Smith Jeon, is British. She got married to my Dad, Jeon Jungwoo, who is Korean because of a treaty.

"Princess, Queen Marie is here to know if you have decided your outfit for the event" one of the maidens said, bringing me out of my thoughts. " Please ask her to come in," I said. The maiden nodded and went out.

Soon the door opened, and my mother came inside. "Good afternoon mother" I greeted her while she just nodded her head and sat on the couch in my room. "So which dress did you choose?" she said.

"Mother, none of these dresses are comfortable for me, can I wear something I like?" I asked her, "No, this isn't a normal event, many guests will be there, I want you to look presentable in front of them, you are soon to be queen Daegu" mother said in her British accent.

I sighed and nodded before going through the dresses again. Likewise, I selected a white Gown, I love white color. This isn't like a wedding gown, elegant and beautiful enough for a Big event.

"Mother, I'll go with this one" I said, She nodded and turned towards the maidens, "I want you to prepare every accessory needed along this gown for Elsa, There shouldn't be any mistake" Mother said.

She stood up and went back to her chamber. Did I mention how cold my mother turned to me after my father passed away? I don't know the reason. I wish our family could be like a happy family and my father could be with us.

After changing to my normal dress I walked out of my room to spend some time in the garden. I was walking through the corridor when I saw Alex, my step-brother.

Well, he is my mother's son. Before Mother married Father, She had a son with one of the guards in her kingdom, No one knew about it until The guard, who is Alex's father, died in an accident while Alex was only 18 years old.

As my mother got to know this she didn't have any choice but to reveal about him, But gladly father didn't object it and told her it's past, and They adopted him Their son. I never had any problem too, I was happy to have brother in fact.

"Good morning Brother" I greeted him when, but he didn't reply and ignored me, Did I mention that he actually hates me, I don't know why, But he always talks rudely to me or ignore me whenever I tried to talk to him?

I sighed sadly and walked forward towards the garden, as I reached there, I went near the tulips my father planted for me before he passed away. I know they haven't been the same since 3 years ago, but I still love this place.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, I checked the ID and a smile came up on my face. It was Stella, my Best friend.

"Hey cherry!!" I said while answering the call, "Girl!! You didn't tell me you are planning a ball on your birthday!!" She said in an excited tone.

"Not me but my mother, I just like to keep it simple " I said, "Come on, let's enjoy it this year, I'll be there too, and I heard many princes are going to come, maybe you can find your prince there" she said.

"Haha...no I don't think so, I am happy with my fictional men" I said, "You and your fictional men, a never-ending saga" she said.

"Btw I heard the Evil king is also coming" she said, "Evil king? Who is that" I said, "The King of South Korea, the one who controls the whole country, I only heard that he isn't a good man and is a ruthless king " she said.

"Maybe the people have made up such things, If he was a ruthless king, our country wouldn't have been such independent and free country " I said, "Hmm you have point, but you know I heard he is really Handsome, Like a devil with a handsome face" she said.

"You already have a boyfriend, and here you are obsessing over other kings" I said while chuckling, Well she is currently dating one of the noble man, Kang Do-Yun, He was our classmate during our college time. "It's not like we can't talk about other Handsome men if we have a boyfriend " she said while laughing.

Just like that we talked about our daily life and about my birthday party. She was so excited about my birthday. Am I the only one who is not excited for it?

Who is this King, I have only heard his name but never saw him, Whom can I blame, I never go to any event, so how will I see him?

And why do I have a feeling that this birthday won't be normal, it is going to change my life, maybe I am overthinking?