September 1989

September 1st, 1989, Poppy was up and ready before anyone else. She put her hair in two plaits along her head, and threw on a skirt and a sweater.

Her father had not said a word to her since the night he found out. When it was time for her to leave everyone gave her hugs except her father. This crushed her.

Her mum drove her to the station and dropped her off. The plan was to meet up with Cedric who said they would be arriving at 10:30 and to meet him between platforms 9-10.

She gave her mum a hug and when she pulled away her mum said, "Don't you worry about your father, I will speak to him and he'll come around eventually."

Poppy only nodded, she didn't want to think about her dad on this exciting day, because if she did she might just break down, so she did what felt best, held it all in and pushed it aside.

"Poppy!" She heard her name being called followed by a shushing sound.

"Cedric! We cannot draw attention to ourselves!" Amy reprimanded. "Hello Poppy, how are you?"

Poppy gave the kind woman and smile and Cedric a hug. "Incredibly nervous, but ultimately excited!" Amy smiled down at her.

"Okay dear, so all you have to do is run straight towards the platform, make sure to not hesitate and it'll bring you to the other side." Amy said. "Ced, why don't you go first?"

Cedric nodded and looked around to make sure the coast was clear before her ran straight for the barrier. One moment she was watching Cedric run and the next moment he was gone.

"Ready?" Amy asked after her husband went after Cedric.

"No," Poppy breathed. Amy chuckled and gave Poppy one last smile before Poppy ran for the barrier. It was the strangest thing, she looked behind her and saw a solid brick wall, and then in front of her was a beautiful scarlet red train.

"Come on." Amy said taking ahold of her cart and guiding her over toward Cedric and Amos. They loaded their luggage and Cedric said goodbye to his parents they boarded to find an open compartment.

As they walked along they saw kids running around, frogs made of chocolate jumping and little birds flying overhead. They found an open compartment and took their seats.

"I'm so excited!" Poppy exclaimed. "Do you know what house you want to be in?"

Cedric shrugged, "Gryffindor seems cool but I'd be happy with Hufflepuff like my mum."

"I wouldn't mind either those or Ravenclaw. It sounds like I wouldn't fit into Slytherin." She giggled.

"No probably not." He laughed.

The two fell into comfortable conversation about Hogwarts and the upcoming school year when their compartment door opened.

"Mind if we sit with you?" A boy with red hair asked.

"Not at all!" Poppy smiled. "I'm Poppy."

"I'm Fred and this is George, and that is Lee." The red head said.

"Are you twins?" Cedric questioned.

"No mate." The other red head George said.

"Ignore him," Fred said as her took a seat next to Poppy. "We tend to be sarcastic jokesters in nature." He winked.

"No fun dear brother." George tsked.

"I'm sorry I want to make friends dear brother." Fred rebutted.

"We're all friends here!" George spread open his arms to gesture towards everyone in the compartment.

Before anyone could respond there was a timid knock on the door. A girl with dark curly hair appeared in their door. "May I sit with you?"