Bad Blood

Bad Blood

Cause baby now we got bad blood

You know it used to be mad love

So take a look what you've done

Cause baby now we got bad blood.

It's so sad to think about the good times

You and I.

Now we've got problems

And I don't think we can solve them

You've made a really deep cut.

"What on earth were you thinking Draco?" Astoria asked as she threw the Witch Weekly into his lap. On the cover was a large blown up photo of himself and Hermione, leaning in close to each other at the Snug. The photo was indeed scandalous, for it looked like the two of them were just about to kiss. Draco didn't know what he was thinking, he hadn't thought at all that night. When he saw her in the bar his heart wanted to jump out of his chest.

He needed to clear his head, and the best place to do that was with alcohol in a bar. He went to The Snug because it was their place, his and Hermione's. Only she was there too, sitting in the same booth the two of them usually sat in. It was too much for him to take. She didn't remember all the memories they had in The Snug, but he sure did. He remembered camping out there for a whole day, just because they wanted to avoid the prying eyes at the castle. They brought their books and studied together, they were first and second in their class after all. They spoke about the war and the choices they would have to make soon. Draco told her that he would do anything to keep her safe, even if it meant getting the dark mark on his arm. She wanted him to forsake the Dark Lord and join them, but he couldn't. His mother and father were at stake. His family was at stake, and most importantly Hermione was at stake. If he left the Death Eaters for her she would have been killed, and he could not live with that. Both of them has choices to make back then, and he made his choice. Seeing her in The Snug brought all those memories back, and the way she was looking at him made him think that she remembered some of those too.

Could it be possible, was she fighting the spell? Was she regaining his memories. It should be impossible, he was good, hell even great, the spell should be holding.

"Are you even listening to me?" Astoria asked, waving her hand in front of Draco. He snapped out of it, focusing instead on his livid fiancé.

"Yes I'm listening."

"Good, you've made a complete and utter mess Draco. This could undermine our whole arrangement! People will question it, and when the truth comes out..." Astoria trailed off, smoothing down her hair. "You need to fix this."

Draco looked down at the magazine in his lap.

Golden Scandal!

He snorted, throwing the magazine back on the table. "How do I fix it?"

"Talk to Hermione, and the press. Say the photo was manipulated, I don't care, just do it!" Astoria snapped, turning on her heel and walking out of the room. Draco sighed, sitting back in the couch. He had no idea how to fix this, and did he really want to? He was in love with Hermione, not Astoria, but he had to marry the latter to keep his Estate from falling into the hands of Harry Potter.

His head and his heart was in a constant battle, but usually his head won. His head won when he decided to take Hermione's memories from her, and his head has been winning ever since. He could just tell her, but she would never believe him, even with all that she's seen.

She would think that he was just trying to trick her, and that he didn't care for her at all. Exactly the opposite was true, but he made her believe that he was just a stuck up, pureblood brat.