Bonding Moments: #1 (4)

Out of POV:

The next morning, Maria was still asleep while Liya was eating breakfast. 

Liya POV:

I can't believe the accident erased that much of her memory. She doesn't even remember me, I know I was her favorite knight. Now i'm a bodyguard for her, I even gave up being a knight and became a bodyguard so you would be with me all the time.

I'm so sorry I was useless and I couldn't help you..

I turned from the desk I was sitting and eating my breakfast when I heard a noise. 

Maria was already in her light green gown with her afro like hair in two ponytails with green ribbons holding her ponytails. I was wondering how she got changed so fast with me still in the room, but I just walked over to her and bowed.

"Nu uh, you can't bow to me." She said, I questioned why not? "Because, you're going to be with me all the time right? So we're going to become friends if you want, and friends don't bow to friends." She smiled at me and I felt compelled to smile back. It was real contagious, so it was hard to try and not smile back.

"Okay, lets go Liya!" She said, she grabbed my hand and ran out of her bedroom door.

"I'm kinda grounded right now, so we can't go to the village today." She started to look around and looked in a certain direction. "hey, let me introduce you to my kinda- friend!" She was still holding my hand and was skipping to the huge kitchen. Just like how I remember it.

She walked up to the cheif of the kitchen and when he turned around, I wasn't surprised who It was, just wasn't expecting it.

"Hey Marcus! I got a bodyguard!" She said, He turned around and looked at Maria and blushed, then turned his gaze at me and was shocked. "Hey, I thought you said you gave up on 'her'" He said, I turned my head away from him in annoyance. "YOU GUYS KNOW EACH OTHER!?" She sounded so happy just to know that we knew each other. "Yeaah, she's my first cousin.." Marcus said. "OMG YOU SPOKE MORE THAN 5 WORDS?" Maria jumped over the counter but tripped and fell, it looked like it hurt, but surprisingly she was fine. She got back up and hugged Marcus, which caused him to blush even more. Of course my silly older cousin has a crush on the princess. So typical.

"Wanna hang?" She said, Marcus looked at her and nodded. "Cm'on Liya!" She said while running with Marcus, while I walked behind watching them.

We actually went back up to her room and played a game of cards. But before that we talked about animals. "What's your favorite animal Liya?"  "Bunnies". I love bunnies. I want one.

"Wow Liya, you're really good, who taught you?" Maria asked, I wanted to say, yea, you actually taught me how to play, but her father wants her to remember things before the accident on her own and not be told everything so her memories stay her memories and not something someone told her.

"Oh, just an old friend taught me." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Cool, I hope I can meet them so they can teach me!" She got up and went to her window, and Marcus and I also stood up and followed her. "It's boring here, there's nothing to do." She said, she twirled around until she was across the room on my side. How could a 17 year old be this kid-like? She's so, happy.. It's kinda scary. 

Maria was telling jokes until one of the other guards knocked on the door. "I will get it for you, princess." Marcus said, and he walked to the door. When he opened it, it was a messenger, the same messenger that told me what happened to Maria. 

"Hey Marcus, Princess you must come with me, the king wants to see you. It's important." The messenger said, "Okay Felix! Coming!" Maria skipped on over to the door like always and past Felix and Marcus and headed to the throne room.

I followed her of course, and once we got there the king sat on his throne and told Maria to sit next to him.

Felix, Marcus and I bowed down and quickly stood back up.

"Felix and Marcus, you may feel free to leave. Aaliyiah, please stay." The king said, and Felix and Marcus left the room.

"I'm sorry daughter it had to come to this but, you must marry fast."

737 words.