Playlist and More

P L A Y L I S T

(poor me doesn't have English songs in here. Drop any if you feel they go in!)

Hrishav x Maya

• Aur Ho (Rockstar)
• Buzz (Buzz– Aastha Gill)
• Kaala Jaadu (Freddy)

Sundar x Sahiba

• Kalank (Kalank)

Catherine

• Asadoma Sadgamayo (Khaad)

Maya

• Ekla Cholo Re (Kahaani)

Radha

• Chunari Mein Daag (Spirit of Women)

****

Here are some of the precious words that I received from my readers regarding the book:

(Some of the views can be sensitive)

Krishna_kaanta (she wrote a letter!)

🔸Dear Hrishav, 

Look, my crush over you still exists until I open the 'chapters' where I finally see you. Why do charming men like you have to go on this path? You with all that intellect, knowledge and wit could have achieved so much. In some other time, I would have loved to discuss philosophy with you, but you strayed away which is sad. 

Do I hate you? Specifically at some moments, I hate you a lot. But more than that, sometimes I do care for your past, you could have done so well in life, and you deserved love, tenderness and happiness. 

Do you want to know why some people have to undergo long almost not ending battles with themselves? 

Now that you are dead, and before dying, you were content with meeting the Devi, so i think you might have the answer, but I will still say it because I love to speak. Some people have to face these terrible battles so they grow much stronger and bolder in life and help others who suffer a similar fate or situation like them. It feels unfair, I agree, but I have seen and heard countless examples of people who underwent too many troubles and unpleasant experiences. In the end, they emerged from darkness and chose light, love and peace. They nurtured others and in return themselves too. At some points, they did want to give in to anger, despair and bitterness because why does the world deserve their goodness when they didn't show it to them, not even a bit. But that's where the challenge is: to keep shining, to keep believing in love and happiness even when things take a negative turn. Just like some stories are happy, filled with warmth and sunshine, there are stories that start from misery and grief but they always have a path that shall take them away but for that they need to wait. Patience plays a huge factor here. Those who understand it, do not let the world's mistreatment carry them away and instead they become the stars that you look up to. 

Remember the Pandavas? Though they were good, they never got a chance to enjoy their kingdom and family time much. They spent half their lives in forests and out of all their royal comforts. Draupadi could have insulted Bhanumant, wife of Duryadhona, she could have mistreated her after the war. Hate is too strong of an emotion, and I admit, it is difficult to steer yourself strong in these situations when it seems as if the universe is conspiring to hate you. 

Well, now you have found your peace, you are back to the goddess. The next time you take birth, I hope the goddess lets you retain those amazing looks and of course your knowledge, especially your knowledge because looks will fade anyway later in life. Perhaps then in some other time we could indulge in discussion and debates? 

That sounds like a date now *winks* (why am I asking out a dead man???) 

Yours dearest steel bottle smasher [name deleted due to privacy] (here's another flower for your hair 🌼) 

Divyansh16

🔸One of your best written works for sure.

Charumati_

🔸It was a wonderful mix of themes - human psychology, social issues, religious stigma, mindset, mystery thriller, and especially culture! The outer appearance can trap you in your own cage of illusion, and the story is perfect for this saying (the portrayal of Hrishav!). Actually, every psychopath has a backstory, and every criminal is made, not born! The story puts forth the reasons how the victims turn into criminals. At a point, humans give up patience, and Hrishav made that mistake, leaving his true wisdom behind.

Aadi Babu is more like a sweet man, the kind of man who should be in every household. His bond with Maya is so heartwarming, and the girls - even their souls aren't freed - I hate Hrishav for it. Devika is so much like me, so I can't rant about myself XD. Nathu and Anandhi are like a typical couple who can't live without fighting but love each other! Rahul is a grey character, but good job dude, he turned into a postman for Sahiba and Sundar.

Sundar, this guy is me when I decide to put on my cold mask (in Behaviour). But what happened with him isn't explained - in aesthetics, it was like "he was innocent...", but as per IQ, he's  twin bro of my cousin who's  been separated from him on his birth, such a bibliophilic soul and hops from one category to another study? Sahiba...this girl is cute and soft like petals, like a rose covered in blood.

Rising-Queen

🔸This is the best book I have ever came across in wattpad, The journey was awesome and you are marvellous writer. So glad found you here and now sticking with you like Fevikwic.

Melody_Of_Thoughts

🔸Hello Maya, today I just completed DOK. The book is heartbreakingly beautiful. The way you wrote the story, it felt real and alive at the same time. I can feel Maya every moment, the emotional turmoil she went through. Hrishav's character did touch me a lot but as the story progressed, his dark side got revealed, his sins also came to light yet I couldn't bring myself to hate the very person.......don't know how to explain the exact feeling for the character. It's quite complicated. Actually his whole existence is complicated. The last two chapters was very emotional and I just  couldn't stop the tears, the little conversation he had with the Mother and his realisation was beautiful as well as  heart-wrenching. Don't know why he have to realise so late. Apart from that, the way you highlighted the bengali culture and the aspects of divinity is really appreciable. Being a bengali, I really never new about such shades our culture have, I gotta know a lot and about the tantra, I mean I know about tantra but I didn't even imagine such aspects of tantra even exist....... thanks to you. I have learned really a lot this time, looking forward to learn more. After a long, I read something which pleased me. It was a knowledgeable journey altogether.
You have mentioned some questions, in the Author's Note..........I don't have the exact answer to your questions but I do believe, the sufferings we go through in our lifetime is our own creation. May be knowingly or unknowingly. Due to the lack of knowledge about the ultimate truth, we create in our subconscious mind which gets manifested, obviously the emotions do matter. Stronger the emotion, faster it manifest into reality. Because no one has such power but us. And God can never refuse to help his own kids. It seems he doesn't help, but he have his own plans.

EvelynHail

🔸What an amazing novel. I loved the mysterious title, the Indian mythology background and especially the way you lead this thriller forward.

Maya was such a powerful protagonist, and I rooted for her to discover the real culprit. She was so infatuated by Hrishav, this misled even the readers as we shipped them together; but eventually it turned out he was who he is; and Maya is a strong, independent woman now 💪