may or may not continue later

note: sorry for dying for a while i had exams and then i kinda forgot abt this and im thinking about writing a new fic soon (royalty AU maybe?) so we'll see

Some time after the sunflower maze trip at Kamiyama High. Akito is bored in class, again. He takes out a random piece of paper from his bag and starts drawing randomly (in an effort to look busy). He rests his head on his hand while drawing.

Akito (thinking): Ughh, why do classes have to be so long? I want to practice after school but I still got loads of homework to do. 

Akito (thinking): Huh, reminds me of that one time Toya stopped practice just so An and I could catch up on homework. 

Subconsciously, Akito draws a small Toya on his sheet of paper while lost in his thoughts. 

Akito (looking at what he just drew and thinking): Since when was I an artist? Why did I do that...? 

Akito (thinking): I need to stop thinking about him... but I'm so excited to see him today... 

~~

After class, Akito walks out to the hallway in hopes of seeing Toya. Suddenly, he catches a glimpse of Tsukasa in the halls.

Akito (thinking): Tsukasa...! I gotta hide before he asks me to do something crazy...

Akito quickly runs into an empty classroom and shuts the door behind him. He breathes a sigh of relief. 

Timid Voice: Um... what are you doing here...?

Akito turns around and sees Nene standing near one of the desks with her phone in hand. 

Akito (kind of whispering): I'm hiding from Tsukasa.

Nene: Tsukasa...? 

Nene (thinking): This is split-personality guy, right? What's with him and Tsukasa anyway? Isn't he always looking for Toya or something?

Nene: Oh... okay. 

Nene looks through the window of the classroom.

Nene: I think he's gone now...

Akito (sighing): Thanks. See ya. 

Akito quickly walks out of the classroom and to a corner. Nene shrugs and continues watching the video on her phone. 

Akito (thinking): Well that was weird... 

Toya: Akito. 

Akito turns around and sees Toya behind him. 

Akito: Oh, I was looking for you. 

Toya: I was too. Why did you run into that classroom? 

Akito: Uh, no reason. 

Toya: Were you hiding from Tsukasa?

Akito: I can't hide anything from you, can I? 

Akito (reaching for his bag): Oh, that reminds me...

Akito (holding the drawing): I drew you in class. Think nothing of it. 

Akito hands Toya the drawing. Toya looks at it, thoughtfully. A small smile appears on his face. 

Toya: Akito... 

Akito: Hey dude, don't cry! 

Toya: I didn't know I crossed your mind that much.

Akito: I think about you all the time, man! 

Akito (a bit flustered): But like--'cuz we're partners y'know? 

Toya: Then I must bring out your artistic abilities, hm? 

Akito: Shut up! 

~~

After school in Street SEKAI. An, Kohane, Akito, and Toya are all sitting at a table in Crase Cafe. An and Akito are trying to work on their homework. 

An (sighing): My brain is fried... maybe we should get a snack or something! 

Akito: Didn't you just have one? 

An: They help me focus! 

Akito (mumbling): Focus on procrastinating...

Kohane: You know... maybe we should take a break. You two have been at it for a while...

An: KOHANEE!~ I love you so much! 

Kohane (blushing): An...! 

Akito (sighing): Get a room. 

An: It's just reassuring your partner. 

An: If it weren't for Kohane, who knows how long we'd be studying.

Akito: I guess...

An: Hey Toya, is the iced coffee good?

Toya: It's refreshing... but I still prefer warmer coffee. 

Akito: You really like your coffee, huh? 

Toya: Of course... especially MEIKO-san's. The way she makes it is not like anything I've ever tasted before. 

~~

Eventually, Akito and An did a satisfactory amount of their homework with the help of Kohane and Toya. They finished up their stay in Street SEKAI by practicing for a while. 

Somewhere near Vivid Street. Akito and Toya said goodbye to Kohane and An for the night.

Akito: You heading home?

Toya doesn't say anything.

Akito: Toya?

Toya: Hm?

Akito: Are you going home?

Toya: Are you?

Akito: I dunno, I might walk around for a while.

Toya: Can I join you?

Akito: Huh? I guess. 

Akito and Toya walk around Vivid Street together while looking at windows of shops and listening to some street singers.

Toya: Oh, it's Vivi. 

Toya kneels down in front of Vivi, the grey striped cat on Vivid Street who understands music and approaches people who can sing. Toya gently holds out his hand in front of Vivi. Vivi looks at Toya for a second before rubbing his hand. 

Akito (thinking): What is he doing? Whatever, at least it's just a cat and not...*

*note: Akito's scared of dogs so that's why he said that in case you didn't get it 

Toya: Could Vivi join us for a bit? 

Akito: Vivi?

Toya: It's her name. Shiraishi and Azusawa told me a bit about her.

Akito: Oh, I thought she was a random stray cat.

Toya: She is. Vivi just has a reputation here. 

Akito (thinking): Reputation? What is he saying? Doesn't matter. At least he seems to enjoy having Vivi around. 

Akito (thinking): Come to think of it, Toya does seem like a cat person. That's kinda cute...

Akito (thinking): What?! No--Vivi is cute, not Toya... Vivi is cute. Vivi is cute. 

I'VE BEEN GATEKEEPING THIS DRAFT FOR A WHILE SORRY IT'S SO UNFINISHED 😭😭