Look don't touch

Clearly got the name inspo from a song (it's a fire song no joke go listen to it)

"Hmmm Hualian
Hualian usually I'm great at coming up with Hualian fics the fact that I'm drawing a blank is so funny to me OH! I had one fic idea where Xie Lian lost his memory and was banished to ghost city you could use that idea if you wanted"

CREDITS TO LEAF!!

Two lovers were sleeping in the newly refurbished Puqi Shrine, entwined in each other's arms. However, Xie Lian abruptly woke up, panting. Cold sweat trailed down his temple, and he scrambled out of bed.

"Your Highness...?" A groggy Hua Cheng said, yawning and sitting up.

"Who... Who are you!?" Xie Lian wails, backing into the corner and fixing his white robes.

"It's me, Hua Cheng. Don't you remember?" Hua Cheng asks softly, looking at Xie Lian contentedly.

"No- no!" Hua Cheng walks over to Xie Lian, almost holding onto Xie Lian's arm, when Xie Lian shouts, "Don't touch me!"

"Gege, what's wrong?" Hua Cheng asks, taking a few steps back.

"Don't touch me; this world isn't worth saving," Xie Lian says darkly, tears clearly flowing down his face.

Xie Lian was backed into a corner, his arms covering his whole body defensively as if his boundaries were violated. Hua Cheng only looked at the latter with confusion, wondering why he acted like this.

"Leave, whatever this place is, leave, now," Xie Lian shouts, consumed with fury, "I don't need another shit to deal with!"

Hua Cheng gasped. This was the first time he heard Xie Lian say such vulgar words, so why was he saying them now?

"Listen to me, Your Highness. I'm someone you can trust," Hua Cheng says softly, not daring to approach Xie Lian.

"NO! I don't... Need any help," Xie Lian mutters, his eyes wide with fear now, "Where's that little ghost flame? Where did it go?"

"Xie Lian, look at me," Hua Cheng asks, maintaining his calm composture.

Xie Lian looks up at the taller youth, his eyes widening in fear. After a few minutes, he asks, "Who... Are you?"

"You don't remember?" Hua Cheng sighs, then says, "What do you last remember?"

"I... Pain. Being stabbed repeatedly... I-" Xie Lian couldn't fight off the overflowing tears, and he only sunk back into the corner further, looking down again and raising his arms in protection.

"I see-" Hua Cheng was suddenly cut off.

"I bet you're just a lowly bastard with no fucking life!" Xie Lian screams, looking up at Hua Cheng. His face almost resembled Qi Rong right then, "Why do you care? If you're just going to leave me or commit suicide for my sake, do it!"

Hua Cheng's words were caught in his throat. This wasn't the Xie Lian now, right?

"I'm tired. I'm NOT FUCKING REPEATING IT! Leave now. I'm done with everything; live your life while you still have it," Xie Lian shouts, stunned and shocked at the same time. He didn't know where he was and the time he was stuck in.

Hua Cheng sighed and sat down, still a few feet away from Xie Lian, "Do you really want to know?"

"Do I want to know what? I've sworn, at this point, I might go do some frivolous activities with a woman; I've got nothing to lose," Xie Lian mutters. He was breaking his cultivation path.

"You can really be stubborn sometimes, Your Highness. But listen, do you still have the Cursed Shackle around your neck?" Hua Cheng asks, sighing softly. He would do anything in his power to reverse whatever had happened to Xie Lian at any cost.

Xie Lian immediately flung his hand to his neck and felt no such rough texture of the Cursed Shackle. He gasps softly, "What...? I thought I- When did- How?"

"It was me, Your Highness. I helped you break off the Cursed Shackle; you even had two when you broke them off," Hua Cheng explains, his tone soft and caring.

Xie Lian gulped, then muttered, "I hate you; you're just another one of those lowly people who walk around helping people who need it, only to be treated like trash. I don't need your help, I don't, I DON'T! Please!" Xie Lian starts to break down, "I've already faced enough betrayals; I don't need another one! Whoever you are, leave me! It'll be too late once we get close... Please..."

Hua Cheng didn't know how to react; this wasn't Xie Lian. Xie Lian was practically begging Hua Cheng to leave him forever, just so he couldn't feel the pain of separation. Had he lost his memories? It would be the most logical thing for Hua Cheng, but what was the trigger?

"I have faced enough madness... Please, leave me," Xie Lian finally finishes before letting his breakdown worsen. His mind was clouded with the so 'recent' events he faced.

"Your Highness, trust me. If you want to know, you are now a powerful God. And, to sum it up, I've been chasing you for 800 years," Hua Cheng says, looking at Xie Lian with worry.

Xie Lian's head looks up at Hua Cheng, "Chasing me... for 800 years? I'm not even 30 yet...! Are you telling me- I'm 800 years into the future!"

Hua Cheng nods his head in response.

"Oh my... I-" Xie Lian passes out. Hua Cheng only looked at Xie Lian with pure confusion before getting up and carefully picking up the smaller male. He then lays Xie Lian on the bed, trying not to wake him. Hua Cheng would've slept next to Xie Lian. Still, given the circumstances, Hua Cheng sat down next to the bed and stayed there the whole night, occasionally getting up to check and see if Xie Lian was doing okay.

For the whole night, Xie Lian was trembling and sweating, as if something was bothering him that only he could see. Luckily, he could keep his eyes shut for the whole night, and when dawn started to break out, he slowly woke up, yawning and stretching out. For a moment, Xie Lian thought he was at his own palace and about to call out for Mu Qing.

He only remembered after that he was somewhere he didn't know, 800 years into the future.

Xie Lian looked around to find the youth, and he saw him sitting next to the bed, a small silver butterfly perched on his index finger.

"Here," Hua Cheng says, "This butterfly will show you what you've been through for the past couple of centuries."

Xie Lian silently took the small butterfly in his hand, and suddenly, he remembered everything. He remembered everything. Mount Yujun, the kisses, White-No-Face, The Mid-Autumn Banquet, travelling to Mount Tong'lu. And not just the memories that Hua Cheng had shown him but his own. Everything returned to him now, and he scrambled out of bed to hug Hua Cheng. Hua Cheng quickly returned the hug, his hands slithering around his waist.

"I was scared Gege wouldn't return to his usual self after I showed him the memories I had with him," Hua Cheng whispers, almost breaking into tears.

Yes, Hua Cheng had said that he should be strong so that he could protect Xie Lian and show no signs of weakness, yet Hua Cheng also had feelings. Xie Lian knew what hurtful things he said, and although you couldn't blame him, he still hurt Hua Cheng. Xie Lian wasn't the best after his first banishment, so who could blame him for the profanities that he spoke?

"I'm so sorry, San Lang... I have no clue why I lost my memories, but I'm so sorry for saying all those things..." Xie Lian says softly, sitting down on Hua Cheng's lap.

Hua Cheng remained silent until he said, "It's not Gege's fault. After all, you were at your weakest when first banished, so who could blame you?"

Always understood the situation the best.

"I know... I'm still truly sorry..." Xie Lian says, burying his head in Hua Cheng's chest.

The two remained there for some time, comforting each other silently through their embrace. The wrongs have been corrected, and they can live their eternal life peacefully.

I wouldn't call this angst, but yeah, it's kinda dark.
Words: 1338