sophie zawistowska

Prompt: im Sophie's sister, y/n zawistowska.  Me and Sophie got separated at Auschwitz and we've never seen eachother since. Sophie thought her sister were dead. Her children were gone and now her sister were gone. One day, i found where Sophie lived; i was going to go see her.

...................................................................................

I moved back to Krakow after the war. I was going to see my sister for the first time since we got separated. Her friend, Sonja, visited me and told me about where Sophie was and where she now lived. I was so excited Sophie was alive. I rode the train all the way from Poland, to Brooklyn and finally made it to the house. I really  wanted to find somewhere to stay to rest as I was very tired from travelling, but I unfortunately spent all my money coming over to Brooklyn.

When i reached the house i saw a woman outside, knitting. She saw me and stood up. "hi, I'm y/n zawistowska I'm looking for a woman named Sophie?" I ask. "Oh my god!" The woman says and covers her mouth, leaving me really confused.

"Your Sophie's sister?!" She says and i nod. "yes" i say. "Oh she's going to be so thrilled to see you! She always talks about you!" The excited woman says, taking my hand and pulling me in the house. Once i got in, i took a second to look around at the pink coloured walls and dark brown beams that surrounded the walls of this place.

"Where is Sophie?" I ask politely.

"Follow me miss zawistowska" the woman says. "Call me y/n" I say. The woman nods and i follow her up the stairs. "this is Sophie and Nathan's room" she says. "Nathan?" I question. "her boyfriend" the woman answers. "Oh I didn't know" i say laughing, making the woman smile. "I'll be downstairs" the woman reminds me and i nod, nervous to see my sister for the first time after a while. I knock on the door and a man opens it.

"Who are you?" He asks. "y/n zawistowska...Sophie's sister" i say. "Sophie!" He calls. "yes Nathan!" I hear Sophie call back. It felt so good to hear my sisters voice again.

"Come here darling" he says. Sophie comes up to the door. She looks at me and her eyes widen. "Y/n! It is you! I can't believe" she says, hugging me tightly. "It's me!" I say and hug her back. "I thought you died!" She says and I shake my head and laugh. "No" i say. "I missed you very much!" She says and i hug her again. "me too zofia" I say, that was her name in polish. "Where did you go?" She asks. "Back to Krakow" i say and she just hugs me again. she invites me in. When i walk into the living room, there's two men, one looks younger. Her rooms quite nice, decorated in flowers.

"Y/n this is Nathan!" She says and Nathan kisses her and she giggles. "he's my, uhh how do you say it?" She says. "I'm her boyfriend" Nathan finishes for her. "Yes boyfriend!" She says and he kisses her again. "nice to meet you" Nathan says and holds out his hand.

"You too" I say and shake his hand. "this is stingo! Our bestfriend" Sophie says and stingo stands up and holds his hand out. "Nice to meet you, I remember Sophie talking about you" he says. "Nice to see you" I say shaking his hand.

"Sit down" Sophie says and i sit down and she hands me some tea. "y/n is my sister, I thought she was killed you know, in Auschwitz" Sophie tells everyone as she sits down on the floor, by Nathan's legs. "Me and y/n got separated at Auschwitz. It was horrible" she says. "separated, big word, well done" Nathan says and Sophie smiles and laughs. "yes separated" she says and explains the story.

"When I heard you talk, I knew you were related to Sophie, I could hear it in your voice and your accents are the same" stingo says. "we both are from Krakow" i say and Sophie nods. "I moved back after I was free you know, Sonja came to me and uh told me where Sophie was" i say. "Sonja?" Sophie asks and i nod. "is she okay?" Sophie asks again. "she is" i say

"She moved back to Krakow" Sophie tells stingo and Nathan. She then continues to drink her tea.

.....
First one shot, I know it's short but I didn't know what else to include in this one. I hope you enjoyed it! Love you all. Leave requests x

Love G x