Kneaders

DISCLAIMER: if you are reading this, that means I have edited the chapter before this one so it won't make as much sense, so you can either read it and be confused or pretend this chapter and the ones after it don't exist until I am done editing- ANDREAAAA

"Ugh I love your room so much" Betty admired the books and the decorations on my walls. "I know right I could stay in here forever" I responded to her complement and showed her around the house.

"That's Alex's room, Josh's room, guest bedroom, and bathroom." I point out all of the doors on the top floor.

"Alex lives here?" she seemed confused. "Um yea sometimes, I guess he gets kicked out of the house a lot" I shrug and turn towards a smirking Betty. She starts to wiggle her hand out to me, "Lottie and Alex sitting in a tree-" I ran towards my room before she could finish her sentence. She attacked me and shoved me on my bed, "k-I-s-s-I-n-g" I cover her mouth with my hand to shut her up.

Blush spots my face. "Stop" I pop the p. "First comes love-" before she could finish I start tickling her. It was a reflex to get to shut up. She starts laughing and telling me to stop but I stand over her on the bed and continue tickling her. "Hey Lottie-" Alex walks in and raises an eyebrow at our weird position. Me and Betty spring apart.

"What?" I ask rudely.

"Are you gay?" He asks me and scratches the back of his neck. My mouth drops open and me and Betty start laughing so hard. My stomach starts to cramp and my cheeks hurt from smiling.

"N-" I can't even talk I was laughing so much. Grabbing my stomach I try and respond "n-no" I breath a sigh of relief.

"It just looked like it for a hot second" his eyes roaming over me and Betty. I roll my eyes at him. "What do you want?" I ask him more civilized this time.

"Me and Josh are going to dinner and we're wondering if you guys wanted to tag along" I considered my options. If we go, we have to put up with them, but if we stay we have to make our own food since mom is gone at work.

"Only if we eat at Kneaders"

______________________________

Me and Betty sat in the back of the Jeep yelling the lyrics to All To Well 10 Minute Version at the lop of our lungs. In the front seat Alex and Josh kept complaining but we just sing louder. We got it the bridge of the song and I prepared to sing as loud as I could, "WELL MAYBE-" I was cut off and sounded like a dying chicken, they had turned the music off. "I'm going to kill you Alex Anderson"

Him and Josh started laughing, "you suck at singing" Alex commented. "Like you're any better" I pressed back. "Turn the music back on" I threatened him. "No, not if we have to hear your screeching singing" I smack him in the back of the head. With his fast reflexes he grabs my hand and pulled me forward. My face slams into the seat. He lets go. "What the heck was that for" I shoot at him. "WhAt ThE hEcK wAs ThAt FoR" he mocks me in a screechy voice.

"Enough bickering" Josh says and hits play.

"WELL MAYBE WE GOT LOST IN TRANSLATION, MAYBE I ASKED FOR TOO MUCH, BUT MAYBE THIS THING WAS A MASTERPIECE TIL YOU TORE IT ALL UP" I yell directly into Alex's ear.

He turns around in his seat, adjusts his seatbelt. His hand goes flying towards my face and I flinch back, my head slamming into the seat next to me. Alex's eyes went wide.

I cleared my throat and looked out the window. "You thought I was gonna hit you?" Alex's voice broke. Hurt shone in his eyes as he stared at me.

Tears threaten to spill and I turn my head even further from him. Betty observes the situation. I feel bad because it might have been so awkward for her so I turn towards Alex, "forget it" I say and start changing the subject and talking about something random to Betty. After a few minutes we start laughing uncontrollably. I grab onto her for dear life as she keeps adding on to the joke.

"Stop- stop I'm gonna throw up" I tell her and continue laughing. I see Alex in the rear view mirror watching us with amusement in his eyes.

Walking into Kneaders my heart stops. In the corner of the room is a huge group of popular girls, one of which is Jessica. Her eyes flick towards the door, she sees Alex and her eyes light up, they flick over from me to Alex, she clenches her fists.

After ordering we all sit at a table far from the girls. I excuse myself to go to the restroom, I send Betty an apologetic look and she just waves her hand for me to go. I don't mind being here alone.

I walk to the bathroom, go pee, and slam the stall door open. It hits a figure and ricocheted back, do you get deja vu?

Jessica clears her throat as I wash my hands, "what did I say about Alex"

I grab a paper towel, "you said to not touch him" she gives me a pointed look, "I wasn't touching him" my hands fly up in the air, surrendering.

"Yea but you were hanging out with him" she said in a bitchy voice. "I was hanging out with my brother, he just so happened to bring Alex with us" I explain.

Her freshly manicured hand goes flying towards my face, so fast I couldn't react. The sound of her hand meeting my cheek echoed in the bathroom. She walked out and flipped her hair over her shoulder. Main character moment much? I snickered to myself.

I put my hand on my cheek, facing the mirror, a deep shade of red in the shape of a hand imprinted on my cheek. I cover it with my hand as I walk out, towards my table. Not daring to glance at Jessica.

I try my best to hide it as I sit down, opposite of Alex. He give me a confused look. I probably looked stupid.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled my hand away from my face. "What happened" his fists clenched.

"Huh, oh nothing I just slipped and fell" I lied.

"Liar" he whispers. Betty leaned over to me, empathy flashed through her eyes, "that looks like it hurt, was it Jessica, I saw her walk in the bathroom after you"

I put my head down, "yea" I breathed out. I see Alex tense as he looks at the group of girls. "Let's go have a chat with them" Josh suggested. I grab his arm, "please don't I'm fine, I kinda deserved it"

He glanced at me and shook his head, but kept it at that.
This was going to be an awkward meal.

______________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. The thing is I'll be writing these and totally forget I'm not living the life of Lottie. I mean who wouldn't, especially when your brother is best friends with a hottie

Don't forget to vote ❤️

Word count- 1206