𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Chapter 1 The Morning After

Hot mouths descended on each other and warm, calloused hands roamed over bodies. Their breathing was frantic and uneven. Sasuke couldn't think, all he knew at the moment were the soft lips on his and the talented tongue in his mouth. It was so good. Naruto was so good. He ran his hands up over the back of Naruto's neck and embedded them in unruly blonde strands, clasping his elbows around Naruto's neck for support. He felt as if he let go, his knees would give way. A strong arm honed by years of training wound around his waist, the other up his spine, pressing him snugly against the firm, well-built body. His legs were suddenly jelly-like despite all the years spent training to move silently and stealthily.

Dammit, he hated how Naruto did this to him. The dimwitted blonde could get him so riled up despite all his self-mastery over his emotions with a single, stupid comment. Or make him worry constantly (he'd never admit it) with his careless, inane actions so poorly calculated it could've cost them the whole mission and their lives. Or turn him into something that couldn't think, couldn't make decisions, couldn't do anything but feel—like now.

Naruto pulled away, and he had to suppress a whimper at the loss of that heated mouth. The lips moved eastward, planting wet, sloppy kisses to his ear. That felt so good. Why hadn't he done this before?

The alcohol in his system was still running strong, fuelled by the delightful sensation he was experiencing. Sasuke ignored his thoughts, only concentrating on the warm hands that gently pushed him back. The back of his knees hit the bed, and he fell backward, taking the blonde down with him.

It was a merciless pounding headache, sore muscles, stunning bright light, and an unfamiliar but not unpleasant scent that Naruto awoke to that morning. He couldn't think or even remember what had occurred the previous night—his head hurt too much (Hangover, he cursed.) and his mind was still too befuddled by sleep. He could taste the revolting residue of alcohol in his mouth, the back of his throat was dry, and he licked his lips. He winced and sealed his eyes at the assaulting strong light. The room was too bright. Since when was his room this bright in the morning?

It was late, his internal clock informed him. Naruto didn't care though—as far as he was concerned, today wasn't a day he had to wake up early for. It was the weekend and Kakashi would be away for a few days anyway. The blonde had earned the estimated four days that Kakashi would be gone to do anything he wanted, and sleep was something he had promised himself he would catch up on. But, damn, his hammering head hurt too much to concentrate on anything.

What had he done last night? He couldn't remember, but judging from his symptoms this morning, the only plausible conclusion would be that he had gotten drunk. Most likely gotten trashed with Kiba and Shikamaru. Kiba must have gotten hold of Asuma's liquor collection again, and the three ended up in a drinking binge. Urgh. He didn't care much anyway, his pummelling head didn't allow him to think—and thinking was futile for him this early anyway.

He buried his face back into his pillow, fully intent on going back to sleep. Maybe he could try sleeping his hangover off, or maybe at least it wouldn't be as severe the next time he woke up. His bed was more comfortable than he could ever remember it to be today—it could've just as easily been his imagination, or exaggeration brought on by hangover. He nuzzled into something soft and warm.

The fragrance was back. He couldn't place his finger on it (fruity and a hint of something else) but it was nice, and he decided he liked it. (Maybe it was the new brand of shampoo he bought the other day?) Embedding his nose into the scent and the soft warmth, Naruto inhaled deeply. Something silk soft pressed against and tickled his cheek; his lips unconsciously curled upward. The blonde snuggled even more into the welcoming warmth and creamy velvet. When was his pillow this inviting?