Chapter 8: The Abandoned Dormitory

Hi, we're back with the episode about the abandoned dormitory. If you like it, feel free to vote or comment.

Selya's point of view

I was on the balcony, drawing the landscape as the moonlight revealed its beauty. I loved duels, but drawing was also a great source of relaxation for me. So I'd already start the rough draft on my notepad, so as to have a first vision before starting to color. However, that night, I noticed Alexia's shadow moving away from the Obelisk dormitory and into the forest. What was she doing there at that hour? I found it curious.

So I put my duel disk in my backpack and my deck in my clutch, and followed her. She made her way down the corridor, until she came to a ruined building that looked like...Wait, this is the abandoned dormitory? What was she doing here?

Following her, I also saw other shadows in the distance and soon recognized Jaden, Syrus and Chumley. What the hell were they doing out at this hour? Don't tell me they were taken by a sudden nocturnal curiosity? However, it was Alexia who intrigued me more. So I began eavesdropping on their conversations. Making sure I stayed hidden. I learned nothing new to shed light on the model student's reasons for venturing out here. Except that she seemed to believe the stories about this dormitory. But why? And her reaction to Jaden's question about her presence confirmed that she was hiding something painful. Related to this place. But what was it?

Alexia: It's just that... One of the children who disappeared here... There was my brother.

Alexia: What? I was so taken by surprise that I ignored my steps and stepped on a branch, cracking it. This had the effect of immediately turning the light in my direction.

Jaden: Who's there?

I stuck to a tree, calming my breathing.

Frightened Syrus: It's probably one of the dorm ghosts!

Scared Chumley: I suggest we don't upset him and go back.

Jaden: There's no such thing as ghosts.

Then, when he turned his gaze, Alexia had disappeared. But far from making my friend recoil, he ventured inside the dormitory, with Chumley and Syrus behind them. Poor Jaden's recklessness has not stopped him from being frightened. Suddenly, a light shone on me, temporarily blinding me.

Alexia: What are you doing here, Selya?!

Me, embarrassed: Well...let's just say...

Suddenly, she took on an expression of terror. I was about to ask, when I noticed a shadow big enough to cover us. Slowly, I turned to notice a tall, sinister man with a hat and eyes covered by a mask.

Me: Who are...

Alexia's scream was the last sound I heard before darkness overtook my consciousness.

Jaden's point of view

The exploration of the dormitory was very exciting. We discovered a mural depicting the seven objects of the millennium and a photo of a handsome young man, who looked to be around Zen's age. Was he Alexia's brother? Suddenly, I heard a familiar cry of terror. Alexia?

Syrus: Sounds like Alexia

Me: Let's go!

And so we set off to rescue our friend. We soon reached the hall and I noticed a trail in the dust. As if two people had been dragged. I went over immediately, to notice two cards on the floor. It was Selya's Cyberdancer Etoile and Na'vi warrior. Wait... Selya was here? The situation thus became more urgent than before, at this revelation.

Voice: Jaden...

Immediately, she appeared before me, winged kuriboh on my shoulders. I was surprised by this, not knowing that my friend could see the spirit of dueling monsters.