Chapter 14: The Giant Duelist

Hi there! Here's the next part, with the duel against the Giant duelist. Well, rather the. Feel free to vote if you like it, or to comment.

Selya's point of view

I was sitting on the grass, doing my Academy drawing when I suddenly heard running footsteps. I turned my gaze to see a duellist towering over me. He had a tangle of obelisk cloak concealing his face and sunglasses covering his eyes. It was rather clumsy, but enough to hide his face well. Only his hand, with the dueling disc attached, was visible. This must be the giant duelist the rumors were talking about. I immediately ran after him, out of curiosity. He ventured into the forest, me behind him.

Me: Hey, wait!

He stopped suddenly, and turned his gaze to me.

Me: I suppose you're the giant duelist who's been attacking Obelisk lately?

He remained silent, confirming.

Me: I'm a former Obelisk and I can't let you carry on with your racket.

So I put my notebook on the ground and took out my duel disk from my backpack, which I put on my wrist. I then took my deck from my pouch and pushed it into the base.

Giant Duelist: If I win, no cards. Come out with me, Duelist.

I was startled by the condition, not expecting it. Neither was he, strangely enough. Was there only one back there?

Warrior Na'vi: Follow your instincts, Selya.

I inclined my head, having the feeling that the giant duelist might not be a duelist at all. The only way to find out was to throw yourself into the fight.

Me: Fine. But if I win, you'll have to return all the cards you stole.

He nodded, and we activated our dueling discs.

Me and Giant Duelist: Duel!

LP Selya: 4000

LP Giant Duelist: 4000

Giant Duelist: My turn!

He looked at his card for a moment, before summoning a monster

Giant Duelist: I summon Gigantic Orc, in attack mode ( ATK:2200-DEF:0)

A powerful monster with a crippling effect. Given that he had to go into defense mode, every time he attacked.

Giant duelist: Your turn, duelist.

Me picking: Good!

Voice: Selya!

I turned my gaze to see the trio arriving.

Jaden: Hey, we're supposed to be the ones to catch her!

Me smiling: First come, first served, Jaden

He pouted when he saw that I'd stolen his duel, amusing myself. Then I concentrated on my game. For the moment, I didn't really have much. I was going to have to concentrate on defending, for now.

Me: I summon "RDA Force-RDA Mercenary", in defense mode ( ATK: 1100-DEF 2000)

Me: And I end my turn, laying down two cards.

Giant Duelist draw: Good. Gigantic Ogre, attack!

And so my mercenary took a huge bone blow, destroying him instantly.

Me: I activate my trap card! Resistance! When one of my monsters is destroyed, I can summon a "Dweller of Pandora" of level 4 or less.

I picked up my deck and looked to make my choice, before taking a card.

Me: And I choose "Dweller of Pandora- Na'vi Archer"! ( ATK: 1900-DEF: 1600).

My friend appeared on the ground, staring defiantly at the golem. Ready for battle.

Me: I activate my archer's effect. When she's summoned to the field, I can choose a "Dweller of Pandora" monster from my deck and add it to my hand.

So I chose my card and showed it, being "Inhabitant of Pandora-Banshee", before adding it to my hand. Then I shuffled my deck, before returning it to my base.

Me: As a result, Gigantic Ogre took up a defensive position.

The monster did so, leaving me a possible opening ( DEF:0)

Giant Duelist: I summon "Second Goblin" (ATK:100-DEF:100). I activate its effect and team it up with my ogre. This allows me to change its position.

The little goblin, dressed as a coach and with an eye patch over his right eye, stood on the ogre's shoulder, and he moved back into Attack position ( ATK: 2200).

Syrus: That means he'll stay in Attack position constantly.

Yes, it wasn't quite what I'd originally planned.

Giant Duelist: I end my turn, laying down a card.

Me: And I take the opportunity to activate my "Sniper" trap card!