Chapter 18: Best friends, best rivals (part 1)

Hi! Here's the next part of the duel between the two best friends. Hope you like it. Feel free to vote if you liked it or comment.

Crowler's point of view

Everything was going from bad to worse! First Bastien Misawa lost to Jaden! And now Cecila against her sister! Two damned slifers were fighting to represent the Academy. Selya Yavani, with her arrogance and irritating indiscipline, and that scum Jaden Yuki. I never thought I'd have to make such a choice in my life!

Fortunately, this Selya had a prestigious lineage and could represent the Academy with flying colors. Better than that damned Yuki. Now, let's hope this one can finally defeat that good-for-nothing!

Me: Now, ladies and gentlemen, the last duel of the day. The one that will decide who will represent our beloved Academy. Today, two friends will face each other. On my right, a former obelisk whose temper earned her disgrace. However, her duelling skills remain as incredible as ever: Selya Yavani.

She stepped forward, staring only at her future adversary. With a glint in her eye that showed her thirst for battle. How could a girl like her be so boorish?

Me: And on my left, Jaden Yuki, a slifer.

Jaden: Hey, why don't I get the same introduction?

Calm down in the face of his disrespect...

Selya: Forget the introductions, Jaden. You and I have a duel to do. I doubt you'll back down from a challenge!

Jaden: No, you don't, Selya!

I never thought I'd say thank you to that damn fiery temper.

Jaden's point of view

I stepped into the ring, staring at Selya who had her hands folded, flashing me a smile. Her dueling disc on her right arm, ready for the confrontation.

Me: Well, here we are again, face to face, Selya.

Selya: Indeed, Jaden. But this time, I intend to win.

Me smiles: So do I. I don't intend to do you any favors.

Selya: I wasn't counting on it.

And with that, she unfurled her dueling disk, followed by me.

Me and Selya: Duel!

LP Jaden: 4000

LP: Selya: 4000

Selya picking: Ladies first!

She looked at her deck, before choosing a card

Selya: I summon "RDA-Dragon Force" in attack mode ( ATK: 1900-DEF:1700)

The huge helicopter gunship appeared on the field. Its four propellers turned with force, while its huge missile batteries showed its threat.

Selya: I put down two cards face down and end my turn.

Me drawing: My turn!

I looked at my deck, before choosing a card.

Me: I summon "Bubbleman" in attack position ( ATK: 800-DEF:1200). Being the only monster on the field, I can draw two cards.

So, I draw two cards, before seeing an opportunity to take advantage.

Me: I activate Polymerization, merging "Bubbleman" and "Avian" to summon "Marin- Elemental Hero" ( ATK: 1400-DEF:1000).

The two monsters appeared, before being swept into the vortex. A green being wearing a mask and with anchors on his wrists appeared on the ground beside me.

Me: I then lay down two cards. And now Marin's effect activates. If I have a card placed in my magic and trap zone, I can attack you directly.

She gasped in shock as my monster lunged, throwing its anchor in her direction and slamming into her, making her wince.

LP Selya: 2600 ( 4000-1400)

Selya: I activate the "Venture Star" effect! So when I've taken damage from one of my opponent's monsters, I can summon it to the field.

So, in a defensive position, she summoned her enormous spaceship. The latter dominated the ring and covered the stands with its shadow.

RDA Force- Venture Star: ATK: 0-DEF: ????

Selya: Her defense is determined by the amount of damage she takes.

Force of the RDA- Venture Star: DEF: 1400

Selya: My Dragon's effect is activated. Having had a special "Force of the RDA" invocation, an AMP token is invoked on the field.

I could see the large metal exoskeleton appear, armed with its powerful rifle. It wasn't good ( ATK/: 1800-DEF: 1200).

Me: I finish my turn.

Selya drawing: My turn, then.

She looked at her hand, thinking.

Selya: I activate the Dragon effect! By sacrificing an "AMP" token, I can destroy the number of cards equal to the number of tokens sacrificed. So I destroy your left card.

Thus, the dragon fires a missile, destroying my "mirror force" card.

Selya: Now I activate the second effect of my Venture Star! By sacrificing 1000 defense points, I can send a "GDR Force" monster card from my deck to the graveyard. Thus, Venture Star gains the effects of the latter. I choose "Force de la RDA- AMP".

Force de la RDA-Venture Star: 400 ( 1400-1000)

This allows Venture Star to be used for a fusion summon of a "Dweller of Pandora". I then activate the "Tsahaylu" card, fusing the "Venture Star" with Equidius to summon the "Dweller of Pandora - Pa'li Reaper" in attack mode.

And so I saw the terrible horseman emerge, arching his back and ready for battle. I gritted my teeth as I saw the terrible warrior appear before me. And I knew his terrible strength.

Inhabitant of Pandora - Pa'li Rider ( ATK: 2100-DEF: 1700).

Selya: Pa'li Rider, attack Marin!

The rider charged at my monster, destroying it by impaling it.

LP Jaden: 3300 ( 4000-700)

Selya: Effect of my rider activating! When it inflicts damage, all magic cards and traps on your terrain are destroyed.

Thus, my hero signal was destroyed, leaving me vulnerable.

Selya: Dragon, attack him directly!

And so the vehicle fired a rain of missiles, covering me in the smoke of their explosions as my hit points plummeted.

LP Jaden: 1400 ( 3300-1900)

I knew it was going to be a tough match and I wasn't disappointed.

Syrus' point of view

Selya and Cecilia's duel was a hell of a level, as was Jaden's against Bastien. But that one had only just begun and you could already see the level. The two returning the blows.

Jaden smiling: You're not holding back, Selya.

Selya: I warned you, Jaden.

Jaden: And that's fine by me.

Selya: I activate my "Last Words" card.

And so we saw Na'vis seeming to gather around one, seemingly in agony.