PART ❷ || "Who's the New Guy?"

A loud 'CLUNK' was heard as the first pair of skates stepped onto the rink.

"You're always here the earliest out of anyone in town RipTide! Maybe ya should actually rest for once? Don't wanna get too burnt out over the thing you love." The man behind the counter rested his elbow against a wall as he smiled at the girl. The two weren't necessarily close, but the man saw the girl everyday first into the rink. No one would ever beat her to get here.

"Oh don't worry Mr. Moore! I could never get tired of doing this!" She pushed off the rinks wall and started moving, left-right-left-right.
"Plus, at least you get a frequent customer! With me here you'll never run out of business!" The girl smiled right at him as she quickly spun in a circle. How she skated could almost be related to professional ice skating. She was elegant, quick, and sharp with every movement. It almost looked like she wasn't even trying.

"Yeah, yeah. But still, don't you have any friends? Family? Do ya do anything else durin' your days other than skate?" Mr. Moore was always slightly concerned about her. He knew that she wasn't doing too well financially, which is why he always gave her a lower entry fee. The girl smiled brightly at him, not giving any response. Mr. Moore sighed before he started organizing the different skates.

"Well, actually. There is this one guy. I think of him as a friend but I'm not fully sure he feels the same. He's fun to hang out with though!" She came to a slight stop on the rink, looking down to her skates before looking back to Mr. Moore.
"Hm. What's his name?" Mr. Moore looked over to her as he places a pair of smaller skates on the counter.

"His name is Red Son!" She pushed from the wall with a smile and continued skating around the slightly small rink. It was still empty except for her and Mr. Moore. In around 30 minutes is when people would commonly start coming in. Y/n always made sure to be early.

"Red Son, hm? Interesting name. I don't recall hearing of him." At the time, Red Son wasn't very well known. The legend of the Monkey King was almost forgotten and Red Son was still trapped in his home trying to free his father. He was too busy to take over the city.

"Yup! Bright red hair! Small glasses! Dramatic with a huge ego!" She chuckled as she spoke, smiling at Mr. Moore. Mr. Moore smiled back, he was just glad she managed to make a friend after all. She seemed so lonely by herself.
"Well, maybe you should tell him to come over? Has he been here before?"

"Yeah! He was here the other day! It was a busy day though so you probably wouldn't remember! I told him the other day that he can come if he wishes so if he shows up I could introduce you guys!" She did another quick lap around the rink before skating back to Mr. Moore.
"What cool trick should I do, I want to try to do something new!"

The two spoke for a while before people began walking into the rink. She left off to go practice her skating a bit more. There wasn't much to practice for her, but there were still things she could master, like spinning on the toe of her skates on one foot. She'd been trying that for a while but It's mostly a matter of balance, she's been working on it.

A few hours had gone by, and still no Red Son. Y/n was a little saddened by this, but she was fine with it. He had a life to live too. She decided to take a small break and get some food from the small food stand in the building. Once she fathered her food, she sat down at a small table and began eating.

"You're that one girl everyone talks about, right?"

Y/n looks up from her food to see a boy with deep brown hair and very green eyes. She had to agree that he was pretty handsome truthfully. She hesitates for a moment as she glances at the boys grin.

"Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound so creepy." He chuckles lightly before continuing, "I've just heard a bit about you from others inside the rink. I've heard you're very good at skating?" He had a deep voice that carefully adjusted to every word. He sounded like a well rehearsed prince in a broadway play, very skilled and calculated.