1 - Don't lie

"His eyes, which were easy to get lost in"

The grey clouds overlook the usually quiet town of Portland as the residents of the city ride their bikes and walk the streets in peace. With no knowledge of what was to come, the citizens go along with the day as they would any other.

The day that was once calm and peaceful, soon turned into something from a nightmare. Kane Stuarts, a young man with strong intelligence, charming looks, and somebody who people described as "Made by god himself" had been missing for a month. A search party for the young, "innocent teen" had been on for about 4 weeks, when the boy was found.

Rumors spread like wildfire across the town, the most popular one being that he ran away from the pressure of being perfect all the time. But that was deemed untrue in a short period of time sadly. After state officials searched the premises of where he was last seen, his body was found.

This case is now being investigated by detectives and police after it was declared a homicide.

"Turn that garbage off, Juliet." Mom says. She thinks the television will rot my brains. I click the power button on the remote and the TV turns off. "Don't forget to lock the house up when you leave for school tomorrow, we don't want another murder in this town." She says. "Another business trip?" I ask, she's been going on a lot lately, and to be honest, I don't really care anymore. After being left alone in our old, creaky, and strange house for so long, the creepy home becomes a comfort.

"Yes, and don't complain. It's annoying." She says. I stay quiet, I don't feel like making her mad today.

──*:・゚

"Yes mom, I know." I speak into the landline. "If the house is a mess when i come home Juliet..." She threatens. "I know." I say, i'm unaware why she believes i would trash the house. "Alright well, school starts in a few minutes. I don't wanna be late" I tell her, she stays quiet. "Love you." I say, and then she hangs up. Shittiest mother of the year goes to her, kudos for doing the bare minimum.

I check my bag to make sure everything is in there and then walk out the door. Looking back, I figure there's no harm in leaving the door unlocked, I don't wanna be late after all.

I get onto my bike and head to school.

──*:・゚

The first day is always the worst, the anxiety and fear while walking into the school doors hits me like a truck, the thoughts in my head take control. What if you can't find your classes? What if no one likes you? What if- My thoughts are cut short when i'm pushed forward almost losing my balance. That's when I realize it's far too late to start walking away. So much for being on time.

"Did you forget how to walk? Dumbass." A male voice says, I turn around to tell the rude man off and- Wow, he's really cute "Oh, i'm sorry this is my first year her-" I'm cutoff by him. "Are you deaf? Can you just walk already?" He says in an annoyed tone. Wow okay, cute but really rude. "Oo-kay then. Bye." I tell him, and i walk away to find my class.

For being such a small school, it's really hard to find just a single class. I'm too caught in my own thoughts to see the principal walking in my direction. "Hello, Ms. Vincent, hows your day?" He asks, and i'm not sure why considering i've only been awake about 30 minutes. "I'm doing well sir, could you by chance tell me where the science room is?" I might as well ask.

"Yes Juliet, it's right there, most of your classes are right next to eachother so hopefully you can figure that out." He says as if he's talking to a rock. "Oh um, thanks." I say and walk to the science room which he pointed to and right before i walk in the door, the bell rings. Great.

I walk into the wild and loud classroom and instantly want to leave.

"Well, look who decided to join us!" The teacher says, he seems nice. "Alright class, let's give a warm welcome to our new student, Juliet." The class is so silent i can feel the awkwardness when nobody responds. "Okay then... Juliet you can have a seat in that back row next to Kai." It seems like all eyes are on me as i walk down the classroom to the end of the room. I go to sit down, barely registering who i'm sitting by until i hear his voice.

"Well this is great, you don't even know how to walk. I'm stuck with an idiot for the rest of the year." He says as if it's a crime to sit next to me, i let out a sigh and want to bury my face into the dirt and never get up. I stay silent. "Wait are you actually deaf, I was just kidding but wow this is just the cherry on top-" This time i'm the one to cut him off.

"I'm not deaf, but listening to you talk right now I wish I was." That seems to be a good enough answer for him because he nods his head and stays quiet for the rest of the class.

"Poor girl, she has to sit next to him." I hear a fellow student whisper. Some stare and some talk, but i'm too busy trying to force myself to be busy so i don't have to involve myself in anything.

And i already know now. This is gonna be a long year

──*:・゚

A/N
hi guys, i know this chapter was pretty short but please bare with me , this story will include sensitive topics, and if you are easily upset by the following, i would suggest clicking off

topics include
graphic details of death and blood
violence
men being creepy
self harm
neglect
emotional abuse
and physical abuse

also there will be smut in this book