iii. not worried 'bout you

TYRESE KENDRID MAXEY.

"NOW YOU KNOW you ain't have to do that boy like that 'rese!" shai guaffwed over the phone. tyrese's million dollar smile set across his face as he sat in front of the '0' jersey with his last name on it.

he shrugged, "he put an at onnit first. ian mention him until he mentioned me." shai's hand outstretched behind his head while he sprawled his body on the couch.

since he played for the thunder, he resided in oklahoma city. however, the friendship between tyrese and shai never declined. they made it a mission to keep contact, and it was even easier since they were both in the same profession.

"you gone have a game to look forward to tonight 'rese. we both saw him on kentucky, that nigga's the truth" shai noted to the man. it's true, shai and tyrese would often take trips back to their old college to watch the team they both played for 'n could account that shaedon was a freak athlete.

the kentucky wildcats was a beloved SEC gem, birthing some of the most rising stars. shai & tyrese ran the team in the 2019-20' season, bringing in it's 8th NCAA championship. shaedon failed to do the same, and that's where tyrese believed the 2 differed.

he smacked his lips at the canadian's statement and scratched the itch on his leg. "ian scared of that nigga. he taller than me, yeah, but that's pretty much it. kaiya be gassin' niggas knowin' they ain't no better than me"

even the slight mention of her name made his blood boil. "she does too fuckin' much shai! i got no problem bein' friends with her, we dated for damn near 6 years, but she think just 'cause i broke up with her mean i don't fuck with her no more" tyrese began to rant.

shai eyed his friend on the phone. "you talkin' fuck with her? or  fuck with her?" he just had to ask. the question caused tyrese to scoff. "i mean be friends with her, nigga keep up" he rolled his eyes.

"plus she too damn trifilin' for me to even think about wanting her ass back" tyrese grumbled with his eyes shut. he'd gotten to the arena a lot earlier than usual because he knew that extra attention would be placed on him tonight.

this was his first season being upped to the starting 5. he was beyond proud of himself in knowing that all he had worked and prayed for was about to be abundant in his life.

"she triflin' but you the one speaking on her? don't that mean you trifling too?" tyrese was getting angrier at the second that shai was trying to crack jokes. does he not know how serious this is?

"me? triflin'? i don't call her outta her name, i don't speak on her, ion do shit— but time 'n time again she bring me into stuff just to gas her lil ass ego up. she actin' like we ain't did everything together since we was kids." he sighed.

the darkskin boy's face dropped. "i treated her so good it was crazy. i did everything for her, but she don't wanna admit that."

now shai knew that was a lie. kaiya was still his friend, they were still good friends, and even if they weren't he wouldn't let that lie pass tyrese's lips again.