2

*Marco*

I pulled Gia to me.

She laughed and wrapped her arms around my neck as she continued to sing. We all had drunk a lot already and she had disappeared to the dance floor ages ago. However, I hadn't seen that she was dancing there alone until much later.

Of course, I had not been able to let that happen.

I put my arms around her back and pulled her to me. She continued to sing while we slowly swayed from right to left.

She put her head back and sang along with the high notes at the top of her lungs. My heart soared. The light hit her face and she closed her eyes.

How beautiful could a person be, please?

Her head tilted forward again and already we were so close that our lips were almost touching. It was not the first time and certainly not the last time that we were so close.

Gia was closer to me than almost any other person.

I trusted her. Felt comfortable with her.

And when I listened deep in my heart, I heard her voice saying my name.

She belonged to my life as I belonged to hers.

The look in her eyes hit me and I couldn't help but smile.

I was in love with this moment, in love with my best friend.

It hadn't always been like this, but at some point this feeling had come up. I couldn't even tell exactly when anymore, but I knew I felt it.

Even now I loosened an arm from her back and stroked one of the big curls behind her ear. She nestled her face against my hand. My palm grazed her lips.

And those were the only moments I regretted being her best friend. The moments when I wanted to be more than just her best friend. The moments when I wanted to hold her face and kiss her beautifully curved lips. Those lips that always smiled when she looked at me.

She laid her head against my chest. Her dark curls tickled my neck.

"I think I should go home. It's getting pretty damn late and I've clearly had too much to drink," she giggled.

"Okay, let's go," I pushed her head up.

"No, no Bezzy. I'll go by myself. That girl back there..." she looked past me, I half turned with her to know who she was talking about "she's been eyeing you all night. You should go over and talk to her."

"You got something else going on? You trying to get rid of me?", I laughed and pulled her closer to me again.

"That's such bullshit. I just want you to approach the pretty blonde." she said, looking up at me with her beady eyes.

"You know our after club tradition.".

"Yeah, but it only counts if neither of us has another escort. You might have one.", her fingers released from my neck "Go on. Talk to her or I'll do it for you.", she threatened and now detached herself from me completely and walked over to the blonde.

It was a short conversation, then she came back with the woman "Lia, Marco, Marco, Lia." she introduced us, then winked at me and disappeared into the crowd towards the exit.

"Hey Lia, I really don't want to be rude, but I can't let my friend go home alone. It's way too dangerous out there and...", she started laughing.

"It's okay. I've been watching you two for a while now and I thought you two were together. So no stress and I tend to think she's prettier than you too.", she laughed and ran it through her neck