7.

*Marco*

My heart was racing while my lips were still on her forehead. I felt her breath on my neck as I pulled her even closer to me. It was that moment when everything could just change between us.

This moment when I wanted her so much that I was almost ready to cross this magical line between us. This line that we had drawn for a reason, or not knowingly drawn, but it was there and I was about to jump over that line. With a running start.

Fuck, I only had to move my head down a little and I would feel her lips. Just a little bit and I might break something between us that I could never fix. Or maybe it would be the start of something even deeper than what we already had.

I pulled my head back a bit and pushed her chin up so she would look at me again.

She was by far the most beautiful woman I knew. I saw thousands of women every race weekend, many women who would do anything for my attention, but none of them would ever be what Gia was to me. I would never look at any woman the way I looked at Gia. Never touch any woman with the same longing.

She triggered something in me that I couldn't put into words. Something that went deeper than desire. I wanted to hold on to this love that exploded in me with every look we shared. I wanted to hold her and be the partner she deserved. I wanted to be what Pierre had never been. Give her what he didn't give her.

Shit I wanted to be her husband.

Her gaze was so full of affection that I wondered what would happen if I just risked it. What if I just kissed her and gave in to the feelings that had been inside me for a long time anyway?

What if I made her mine?

There was just her and me in that motorhome right now. No one would disturb us. Nobody would hear us.

This desire burned in me and the insatiable longing for her. This feeling that only she gave me.

And I had those words on my lips for maybe the thousandth time, only to swallow them, as always. I couldn't tell her what I felt because I was afraid of breaking something. I was more afraid of losing her than never kissing her.

My fingers gently stroked her cheek while her eyes searched for my gaze. I did not return it. I couldn't do it now. I couldn't look at her, then I would be making a mistake. Even though Gia was definitely not a mistake.

"Bezzy, are you okay?" her warm fingers brushed along my jaw "Look at me, what's wrong?".

Why?

Why did her voice have to sound so warm? Why did she have to be able to wrap me around her finger so much with it? Why did I have to get so weak when she touched me?

"It's all good," I assured her, looking at her for a moment. Those beautiful eyes that made me melt.

"You're lying. What's going on Bezzy? Come on. I know you. I can see when you're hiding something from me. Tell me what's wrong so I can help you."

"You can't help me. No one can.", I whispered and could see how sad she looked at me.

"Of course I can help you. We can find a solution. No matter what for. Bez, I..." but I interrupted her and put my lips on her forehead.

"Just be with me, that's completely enough for me," I whispered and felt her wrap her arms around me.

"I'm always with you, Bez.".

I pulled her to me so tightly that nothing could fit between us and then let myself fall onto the mattress. I just pulled her with me.

We lay in the pillows. Our faces very close to each other.