𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Once they arrived at the inn, Zhongli offered to buy Innamorati a meal

Once they arrived at the inn, Zhongli offered to buy Innamorati a meal. Not being one to turn down free food, he agreed on the condition that Zhongli paid for Xue as well.

Speaking of Xue, even after the fight calmed down between Innamorati and Xiao, he still didn't wake up. Though he did a quick check on his vitals and all turned out fine, Innamorati was hesitant to continue to the inn. It was only when Zhongli offered to get him an appointment with the best doctor in Liyue, Bubu Pharmacy's Doctor Baizhu, that he gave in. He picked up Xue and carried him to the inn, letting Zhongli and Xiao lead the way a few steps ahead.

The inn was beautiful, with soft golden lights spilling out from the windows. However, they didn't travel further than the first floor, which held a small restaurant. Delicious smells wafted through the air, and it seemed that was all it took to revive Xue. He stirred slightly, only to panic once he realized that Innamorati was carrying him. He froze; then his entire body began to tremble, and an apology stuttered from his mouth.

Innamorati scoffed. "If you're awake, walk by yourself." Of course he woke up once he smelled food.

"Y-Yes, sir!" Once Innamorati let go of him gently, Xue stood; he stumbled slightly, and Innamorati immediately grabbed his shoulder, stabilizing him.

"Are you all right?" he asked with narrowed eyes hidden behind his mask.

"Yeah, I am - Eh? Mister Zhongli?"

"Hm?" The man in question looked away from his quiet conversation with Xiao, his amber eyes crinkling with a smile when they settled on the child. "Ah, you're awake, Xue'er. How are you feeling?"

"Um... I'm okay." Xue tilted his head to the side in confusion. "But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the harbor?"

"I merely traveled to the countryside to meet up with an old friend," he replied, though his gaze drifted to settle on Innamorati.

Combined with his gentle and polite smile, Innamorati felt an unusual itch of discomfort. His brows furrowed ever so slightly. "Well, if there's somewhere you must be, I wouldn't want to keep you here," was his not-so subtle reply. He even lapsed into a more formal tone of voice, but Zhongli's smile still didn't falter.

"It's quite all right. I already met up with them, after all."

"Of course you did," Innamorati muttered, ignoring the way Xiao silently bristled at his tone.

Despite the late hour (Innamorati wasn't sure what time it was exactly, but the sun had gone down), a waitress arrived rather quickly as the four sat at a table. Her heels clacked somewhat noticeably on the wooden floorboards. "What would the you like to order?" she asked, not batting an eyelid at the unusual quartet.

Zhongli's gaze was gentle as he looked to Xiao. "Would you like...?"

"Can I?" Xiao's eyes glittered.

"Of course. One almond tofu, please."