Chapter 8

"You fine with me stopping off here, miss ?" "Yes that's alright. Appreciate it."

The taxi comes to a sudden stop and after being farewells and what not, you walk out to down the street filled with many people screaming of joy and laughter. There's no sight of any desires for slumber or rest.

The sky was absence of light yet the same couldn't be said for the pubs filled with life eager for gathering. Nina asked you to go to some local bar near her home. She didn't state anything else. You obviously hadn't been to many pubs unless being forced by your father. Either way, you weren't that excited to find a new bar as you weren't even planning on drinking tonight. You'd rather suffer great torment than end up like the likes of your father's colleagues.

You suppose you'll need to speak to him soon. Deep within, you get the sense he's becoming more and more like them each day. You're not certain why but as of now you can't allow yourself to wonder on such thing. You're here to have a genuine conversation with someone who isn't totally out of their head. Something completely new to you.

You walk in to the desired bar and walk straight up to the counter, ignoring all others present as Nina herself is already sat down, a small drink in her dainty hand.
You can't help but smile at her as you pull your seat out, her eyes wide and filled with relief. She takes a quick sip of her drink to calm herself.

"There you are ! I was wondering what took you so long ?"
"Traffic." You roll your eyes.
"So how was your evening ?" You start.
"Oh forget about that ! Any gossip you got ? I could really use some !" She laughs.

You're sure a girl like her would always have some gossip herself to share and yet she's turned to you in somewhat of a amusing desperation.

"Done anything recently ? Met someone recently ?" She encourages.

Met someone recently.

"I suppose I met-
You stop yourself. Perhaps she meant meeting someone in a romantic way. You're not sure what she means but your pause makes her jump to a conclusion.
"Tell me about him." She pats your arm.
"I'm not seeing anyone !" You huff.
"But you hesitated ! You may not be with him but he's peaked your interest in one way or another. It was funny how certain she was. "It's just...I don't see him often." You turn to her, she nods along at ever word. "He appears at the most randomness of times, almost coincidental like."

"Maybe he wants something from you." She shrugs, a small smile present on her lips. "What exactly would he want from me ?" You scoff, genuinely interested in what her answer may be.

"He wants whats between your legs, that's what." A drunken fool rests his elbow on the counter, his face disgustingly inches from yours. "Move." You deadpan, not even daring to look at the man.
You don't hesitate to rise from your seat, you turn back to see Nina silent but with her finger pointing at him. She's glad you've moved so just in that moment, she reaches for her glass and throws the drink in his face. The drink soaks his shirt.

Even more quicker, she jumps out of her seat and takes your hand. The sight is wild, the two of you running out the bar and onto the crowded street, the mans yell of frustration heard not far behind. "Nina !" You laugh in shock.
"What ?" She laughs with you.
She herself even looks surprised at what she's done. "He deserved it and you know it !" That you cannot deny.

"We should go somewhere else then !" You declare. For a moment you've even caught yourself off guard. Typically you'd crave the earliest opportunity to return back here yet here you are eager for the night to remain young.

"Let's go somewhere to dance !" Nina states, already calling over a taxi.
You both climb in with a huff, the taxi already speeding off and you giggle as Nina's shoulder crashes into yours.
She struggles putting on her seatbelt.
Not due to alcohol but due to the hysterical laughing fit.

"Yes !" She suddenly confirms.
"Let's go dancing !" She yells without a care in the world. You chuckle at the irritated glance the driver gives her.
She leans over to you to whisper in your ear. Her words making you turn away to stare out the window and look out, attempting to discourage her words.

"Perhaps lover boy will be there."