Chapter 3

Seras sits at a table in a dark room blankly staring at the bowl filled with cold blood.

Walter had followed their Master's orders getting her a new uniform and making sure she had a new set of guns that she could practice within the shooting range.

After that was settled, the problems began when Walter got a blood bag for her to drink.

The smell enticed her but she is scared of what it would mean to drink human blood.

Would she give up what little humanity she had left? Walter presents the bag to her expecting her to drink it with no problem.

Not fresh.

Want source.

The young beast grumbles at its offered snack.

At her thought she clenches her fist in frustration she feels like a different being with each second of her new life that passes.

The feeling of being afraid of what she is turning into washes over her.

She hates it.

Her decision made her step back with a surprising amount of control from the offered bag.

Her voice is hesitant when she speaks.

"I-I don't want it."

Walter raises a brow in question but smiles softly

"You have to drink this, Seras. You don't want to disobey Sir Integra's order do you?"

Mate Orders!

Listen to Mate!

She bites her lips almost splitting them in frustration if she was going to do this she would do it on her terms.

After taking an unnecessary breath she speaks.

"Can I have a bowl and spoon?"

So here she sits at a table in the room with a bowl of blood waiting to be consumed.

Her mind wants to just follow her Master's order but knowing she would give up her humanity when she drinks human blood makes her hesitate.

Two hours have passed since she talked to Walter but she still sits there hungry with the bowl in front of her.

Until she senses her Master opening the door and all her focus is on the woman who stares her down.