Kunai

*NARUTO POV*

I sniff, staring down at my full bowl of Miso Ramen. No appetite. My stomach turns, tightening, Perhaps I'm sick or something, or because... I settle down my chopsticks. Iruka notices this easily.

"What's up? You would normally be onto your third bowl by now." His head tilts, eyes glazed with concern.

"Nothing, I think I'm a little sick," I say, giving a wonky smile as some sort of reassurance. The real reason is well... "Maybe it was that milk this morning..."

"Or that Sasuke has been gone for 2 months?" Iruka says, clearly saying the words, sounding genuinely certain. 

"What?! No, i-i'm just a little sick, Ya know!!" I turn away, crossing my arms. My face turns red, and my forehead starts to sweat. 

I frown. Iruka chuckles.

"It's fine, he should come back soon." He places a hand on my shoulder, with a light smile. Hm... Is he lying...? Iruka starts to sweat too. 

"Hey Naruto! You gonna eat that ramen?" The old man behind the counter says. "You better, it's the way you like it!" He turns back to work, straining steaming Ramen noodles. 

"You know it!" I pick up my chopsticks once again, relieved that Sasuke was off the topic.

I do miss him, i really do. I don't know what it is, but everytime i think of him my stomach get tight and sore, just like now. I've been keeping track of how long hes been out of Konoha. 5 months from today. Why does he have to leave all the time? I send him letters, but i never get a single one back, not even a "whatever" or "shut up, loser". Is he dead?! No, no way. Sasuke is strong, he wouldn't die. But then why isn't he responding to my letters?? Maybe because he never liked me. Not as a friend, not as a brother, not as a lover... AH. What am i thinking? Hes my friend, he doesn't HAVE to respond to my letters. 

"Another bowl old man!" I shout, stacking my fifth bowl. 

"This is gonna be a decent hit on my wallet..." Iruka's shoulders sag, taking a hasty peek into his wallet. 

-

Leaving Iruka at Ichiraku, i decide to go out for some training.

Walking away from the Village, my thoughts immediately drift to Sasuke.

This dudes always in my head! And why? Yeah, he was in my head a lot during the 5 Kage Summit, and after, and before! That was because i was trying to save him! Except, hes safe now. Not in any trouble, just on a trip out of the village, and he'll come back soon enough. So why am i still thinking of him?

I flip out a Kunai, spinning it. I start to play around with the Kunai, like childsplay. 

I close my eyes, then throw five Kunai, looking like i have no idea what i'm doing. However, when i open my eyes, the five Kunai all hit a tree, bam-smack in the middle. I pump my fist in my air. 

-

I flop on my back, grass gently poking me.

I breathe in cool air, it lightly stinging my throat. I squint, even at night the sky gleams. Stars pack every corner of the night sky.

Sasuke is seeing the same sky right now. My eye catches a gleaming star, brighter than the rest, while a dull one was siding with it. Hm... I shurg. 

Looking away from the two stars i take in the sight of the silver moon.

FLASH BACK

The moon started to creep up the dusk sky.

Darn it, darn it! i land back on the ground, my hand sweating from holding the kunai for an extended amount of time.The sun was setting, leaving a dull yellow glow all to provide light in the forest.

Me and Sasuke are traning in the Land of Waves.

Tazuna, that bridge guy got us here. Not just me and Sasuke, Kakashi Sensei and Sakura. We were supposed to be just guarding him because he uh... builds bridges! And the Land of Waves really needs a bridge, for some reason.. 

But then, these bad guys came and attacked us! And thats when Sasuke saved my butt because i got scared.. I grunt. That's why i need to get up this tree before him!

Kakashi Sensei brought us out here, with Sakura. We had to climb up a tree without using our arms! How is that even possible?! Sensei called it chakra control.

Kakashi Sensei and Sakura got it first try!! So now, it's just me and Sasuke, trying to get to the top. 

I look up, seeing him progress farther than me.