0001: The Magical Treasure Tomb

Rusty Lake.

  The 23rd Special Waste Disposal Site of the Federation.

  Also known as "The Magical Treasure Tomb".

  With the continuous development of the cultivation civilization, the once high and mighty magical treasures that only cultivators were able to manipulate became common household items for ordinary people, becoming essential tools for home, travel, study, and work.

  At the same time, a large number of scrapped magical treasures and metal waste were produced.

  These waste magical treasures often retained a considerable amount of spiritual power, which could easily cause radiation pollution, and the talisman arrays used to construct them were extremely unstable, even posing the risk of explosion. If they were left unchecked, they would cause significant damage to the environment.

  Therefore, a number of "Special Waste Disposal Sites" were established around the major cities of the Federation, specifically for processing scrapped magical treasures.

  The 23rd Special Waste Disposal Site is located in the southern suburbs of Floating Anchor City, a prominent cultivation town within the Federation.

  Under the dim sky, a polluted purple swamp emanates a thick stench, and the mountain peaks made up of metal fragments look like hundreds of dinosaurs sticking their spines out of the swamp. Broken flying swords are inserted haphazardly all over the peaks, accompanied by rusty crystal golems with hollowed-out eye sockets extinguished of their spirit fire. Only tiny insects that feed on spiritual energy cautiously poke out their heads and gaze at this perilous "Magical Treasure Graveyard".

  "Boom!"

  Not far away, inside a garbage mountain, the talisman array of a discarded magical treasure bursts apart, causing the residual spiritual power within to explode instantaneously, sending half of the mountain into the sky.

  Countless metal components scatter in all directions, triggering a chain collapse of several garbage mountains nearby. The dust raised from these collapses forms a dark cloud that blots out the entire sky as if evil spirits were dancing.

  This place seems to be a forbidden zone for life, inhabited only by insignificant cockroaches and worms who regard it as their paradise.

  However...

  Li Yao lies hidden behind a garbage mountain, licking his cracked lips. His beige windbreaker is covered in dust, blending him seamlessly with his surroundings.

  He glances at the rising explosion cloud not far away, but his clear eyes do not express any emotions, remaining calm and undisturbed.

  Only when dirt and metal fragments splash onto the garbage mountain he is hiding behind does he shrink a little deeper into the pile, putting on his half-faced goggles at the same time.

  "They're coming!"

  As his spirit bracelet vibrates gently on his wrist, the young man's spirits lift, and a smile full of anticipation appears on his face.

  It's 3:52:38 PM, the routine daily garbage disposal time, and also Li Yao's moment of revelry as a "garbage worm"!

  The spirit bracelet on his left wrist is a model designed exclusively for hunting by the "Flying Spirit Sect" released three years ago, and it took him two whole months to repair it after he found it in the garbage heap.

  Besides keeping time, it offers a powerful feature that records specific vibrations through a unique frequency. When the specific vibrations approach, the device will notify the owner.