more drabble

grian perched atop a flimsy branch, the weight of his wings almost making the branch snap and fall from the tree. He let out a low chirp, a curious one, as he watched the strange 'elf/vex/human'- as he described it- walk along the barely noticeable path. 

grian repositioned himself in the branch, not wanting to fall and attract the creatures attention. To his dismay, the branch snapped. He uttered a startled tweet as he fell, fortunately, his wings catching the wind causing him to glide safely the rest of the way down.  

he landed on the branch, he stood the same spot he did as he did when the branch was still in the tree. He brushed himself off, forgetting about the man he was watching prior. 

"Hey-! Are you ok? That was a pretty big drop." the man asked, raising his hand slightly, before pulling it back down as he made eye contact with grian. "My names scar, if you were wondering!".

Grian snarled in response, showing off an array of sharp teeth, rising and puffing up his wings slightly as an attempt to look more intimidating. Scar only smiled, showing off his sharp teeth. 

Grian faulted for a second, he didn't expect scar to have sharp teeth. Though it does make sense, he is part vex after all. Grian lowered his wings slightly, his mouth still lightly ajar, the points of his teeth visible. 

"Grian," he straightened his posture, staring deep into scars forest green eyes. "My names Grian.". 

"Great! now that we're not strangers, can I check if you're ok?" Scar pulled his little bag from his back, placing it on the ground next to him.

Grian nodded. Sitting down cross legged on the soft grass, picking up a small flower and twirling it in his hands. Scar sat infront of him, pulling out a bandage from his bag, gesturing for grians hand. Grian hesitantly holding it out. Scars hand was surprisingly soft, despite all the jagged scars across his hands, up his arms, and over his neck and face. 'well the name makes sense now' grian thought to himself. 

"you scrapped your hand pretty bad.." Scar was careful, you could tell he's done this before. 

"yeah..I didn't mean to sidetrack you like this, sorry." Grian looked away, ashamed that he distracted scar like this. 

"Oh, its fine! I care more about you being hurt than getting home quickly, trust me." Scar smile up at grian, it was genuine, he did care. 

Grian stared back, a small blush spreading across his cheeks, a wobbly smile pulling at his lips. This was him first human(ish) interaction, and it was going well! He looked down at his hands, the pressure from the bandage making it hard to flex his hand. 

"You live by here? I've never seen a house around these parts.." Grian looked back at scar, giving him a confused look. 

"not around here, but pretty close by." Scar gave him a warm smile and stood up. holding out him hand to help grian up. "I'll be off now! bye grian, see you around!".

and with that, scar was gone. Grian still stood infront of the fallen branch, looking down at the bandage wrapped around his hand. He smiled and walked into the woods, loosing himself in the trees. 

this was the start of a wonderful friendship, both of them could feel it.

(head cannon time!!! years after this happened, grian still wears the bandage around his wrist.)