Author's Note

The second one is over. I don't know when I will have time to come back and edit it until I think it is acceptable, but until then read with grace, please. But don't hesitate to give me your opinions, good or bad, and tell me what you think I can do to make it better.

This was the second book in The Lake Stone Trilogy.

The third book is now published.

Empress of the Sea

"There is much more to life than a crown, and that is why I brought you here."

Elesa has always expected to take the throne when she turns eighteen. It was always something she knew would happen. She learned the lessons her father and mother taught her. To her, life was simple and easy; all she had to do was listen to her parents and the officials. But when her cousin comes into the picture, she realizes she might be able to lose everything.

Now it occurs to her that she might have to do more than simply listen to what everyone tells her; she must act if she wishes to be empress. With the growing suspicion that her father is going to offer her cousin the crown, she decides to show him that she is ready and able to ascend the throne. To do so she offers to lead the upcoming expedition to the mysterious island off the coast of Tria.

Her father agrees, but Elesa has no understanding of what she is getting herself into.