Chapter 4

Hakuji's POV

Today was a Friday, and almost the weekend, finally. I just couldn't wait for no school. It always sucked going, but I have to go. I hope Douma goes to school today! He was my only friend, I also think that I am his only friend too. If he does have friends, then he has never talked about them. Which, I would think he would be talking about that. Anyway, I got ready and started to walk to school. I didn't see Douma on the way. But I met him at the school. Then class had started. The teacher was giving us a presentation, meanwhile, Douma was taking notes like a maniac. As if he would be killed if didn't study. I watched his hand write in his notebook. I looked back up at the board. Nothing interesting over there. I just looked all over the room. But then my eyes met Douma's face. I just stared at him. For no reason, maybe boredom? I am unsure, but whatever the reason, I stared at his beautiful eyes. They were rainbow, it was something that I could look at for hours. I loved them. I then went back to looking at his face, but no matter what, I couldn't bring my eyes my eyes off of him. I would try to get my eyes off of him, but I couldn't. It was something that I had never felt before, well at least not towards anyone. It was that moment, when I felt my face heat up intensely. At this time, I was finally able to lose contact with his face. I put my head down on the desk, and waited for my face to clear up. I didn't know what it was about, maybe it was some sort of embarrassment? I didn't know

I looked back up at the board. Nothing interesting still. I just kept thinking about what I had just felt. Before I knew it, the class was already over. And I had to leave Douma, which kind of made me upset. I wanted to stay with him. But life is life and I'm not always going to be able to see him. At least I could see him at lunch. That would nice if lunch was now. Nevertheless, I would see him again next period. In Which, I was already hoping for. During the class period, nothing really happened. I just pretended like I was paying attention. But I wasn't. I just think I liked hanging out with Douma. Yeah, that's why I like being with him. I mean I know he doesn't have any true friends, I'm like the only person he's willing to hang out with. Maybe he likes me too, which will be nice.

Nethertheless, I have someone to hang out with. It's also good thing that I don't have any friends but him so it works out great for us.

Douma's POV

Today was normal, first period I taking notes too fast. I don't know if that would be worth it though. Whatever, at least I'll pass the next exam! I could help but feel somebodies eyes on me. Although, I am used to it because it's something I get everyday but, I wondered who it was? And be completely honest, it was kind of creepy especially because it was during class. Anyway, I went to my next class. A little concerned of who it was but oh well. Nothing really happened there. I took notes again, and same with the next class. I will talk to meet Hakuji at lunch. Like we always do. I mean he's my best friend after all. Me and him just hung out there. We didn't really do anything. We just talked about how boring our classes were. I was surprised when he said, "I bet mine is more boring than yours." I immediately said "No know mine was." Which was true. But school flew by in a second after that. I went home to find my older sister, with another girl over? I'm curious now. Like I know, she admitted to me and came out to me but, how the fuck would mom react? But I didn't say anything and went to my room to study like I always did of course. As to get good grades, of course. Snitching on my sister about her "girlfriend" would make my mom pissed. And I really wanted Hakuji to be here right now. But I think he has his own things he needs to deal with. I then realized, that I completely forgot to go to my ceramics room! I always go there after school sometimes, when I have the time, of course. But today I could've definitely gone! I could go later, I mean, they're open all the time. I just love doing my ceramic stuff. Maybe one day I can bring Hakuji-dono with me the next time I go! I can teach him how to do it! But I have to wait a whole week. I think I can do that. Well, I hope you can accept going with me. To my surprise, my mom didn't bother my sister and her "girlfriend". I thought my mom would yell at her because my mom is homophobic. But maybe she thought that my sister's girlfriend was a friend of hers. I know my dad doesn't care. I can ask him anything and he'll respond honestly.

I hopped in my bed after a good night of studying, and I went to sleep pretty fast. The next morning was Saturday, I was so happy that it was Saturday! When I got downstairs, my little brother ran up to me and said, "Can you and your friend play a game outside with me?" I said, "Sure! But I'll have to ask him if he wants to come over and do it." "Okay!" And my little brother ran off to go eat his breakfast. I personally don't like eating breakfast in the morning. I know that might seem like I'm a monster but I don't care. I don't really have enough time to make breakfast anyways. I went in and sat on the couch. And texted Hakuji if he wanted to come over and play with my little brother. Because he wanted to play with him. Hakuji said that would be great and he'll be over soon. "Guess what Kuji?" "eh what?" "Hakuji which is my friend, said he would love to come over and hang out with you. He said he'll be over shortly." Kuji jumps and excitement. My little brothers name is Kuji. Around 10 minutes later, Hakuji arrived at the door. My little brother was so excited.

We went outside and he started to tell us how to play the game. "Okay so basically you guys have to dodge the ball I'm throwing at you. And when you both get out, I win!" "So what if one of us gets out?" Hakuji said. "Then the other person will continue playing, until they get out, of course." So he started throwing the ball us, and we started dodging it. We are having a good time and I can tell my little brother was having a blast. And it was all fun and games until he hit me and I fell over, Hakuji had tried to catch as to avoid injury. Which would've been nice if I haven't fell on top of Hakuji, I kept my eyes closed for a moment, and starting apologizing like crazy. He didn't say anything, so I opened my eyes. I didn't even have to look around for him. He was right in front of me, he looked surprised but not mad. I felt my face heat up almost instantly. His face was red too. I got off of him, and my brother yelled, "Haha! Brother you're out!" And so I went off to side and watched Hakuji dodge the ball. We continued playing. Until my brother got bored and Hakuji walked home. And that's when the thought hit me. Does Hakuji like me too?