000 | 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

﹙+﹚You were a completely normal person

﹙+﹚You were a completely normal person. There was absolutely nothing wrong with you. At least that's what you believed until now. Questioning your existence, you looked around the gigantic medieval Gothic castle you woke up in. Now, how did you even end up here? Let's rewind.

Your life wasn't anything too amazing, but it wasn't exactly boring. It was average, you lived an average live. You had your ups and downs, you had fun and faced loss. If you asked somebody how life should go, they'd probably describe yours. And you weren't complaining, people had it incredibly worse than you. So what exactly led you to this?

You were just walking with your friends, you were on summer break which meant being able to visit cool places and have fun. You were currently visiting a beautiful lake in the middle of basically nowhere, the sight was breathtaking. Maybe that was what led you so close to the edge, you wanted to admire it from up close. I think we all know where I'm going now, don't we?

You didn't mean slip, you don't even know how it happened. You were extra cautious and attentive, but it seems as destiny wasn't on your side. Anyway, you know how in books or movies drowning is depicted as a painless and peaceful death? Well, that's bullshit. It wasn't painless, at all. You felt a horrid burning sensation while the water was filling your lungs, and your last moments were painful as you passed on.

And now here you are, hyperventilating while you desperately searched for an exit in an unknown building. You drowned, that was for sure. So why exactly were you still standing? And this definitely did not look like the bottom of a lake, nor were you underwater. So, how was this possible? You still had your bag with you, phone, wallet and everything. You were in your previous clothes, nothing was lost.

You ran thru the halls, while trying to avoid any sort of contact with anybody. Now, you may ask " [name], why the hell are you not looking for help?! " Well, it's simple. First of all, this reminded you of a horror movie scenery, and in horror movies you do not approach strangers. Second of all, how would you even explain what had happened to you? " Oh yeah, I drowned in a lake and now here I am! " Thanks, but you aren't trying to get admitted in a mental facility.

A new problem emerged, seemed as this was a school. And right now, every class was returning to their dorms. And of course, where did you decided to hide earlier? In the dorms. You really know how to get in trouble, huh? Anyway, you held in your breath as various students passed next to you, well more next to the small attic you were hiding in. Their voices filled your ears, laughter reached even the quietest angle of the building.

You let out your breath, you couldn't hear any chatter outside anymore. You had almost reached out to the doorknob when you hear footsteps, accidentally knocking over a box. Shit, shit, shit. You started panicking heavily, as the foot steps had stopped right in front of you. You eyed with fear the doorknob, who was slowly twisting on itself. A brown haired guy had opened the door, leaving you both to make eye contact. You had already died once, you weren't going to die again. So you punched him.

" OWH! FUCK! "