Chapter 10

The awkwardness of the car ride had finally set in when the radio stopped working. Then 10 minutes had passed and neither of us had said anything, god I wish I had stayed home.

"How have you been doing lately" stiles asked breaking the silence

"Good" I lied

"That's good" he said

"How have you been" I said, at this point you could almost feel the awkward in the air

"Good." he paused "hey can I ask you something else? You don't have to answer but I'd like to know"

"Yeah what is it?" I said cautiously

"When was the last time you ate?" He said with a sad puppy dog face, like he knew the answer before I even said anything

"Like a few days" I mumbled hoping he wouldn't hear me, but he did

"A FEW DAYS" stiles yelled. he slammed on the brakes and pulled over and looked me in the eyes before continuing "mason. I'm taking you out to eat right now"

"Stiles I'm not hungry" I lied, I was hungry but I didn't want to gain any weight. I was already fat enough as it was.

"I don't give a shit if you're not hungry you are going to eat" he said angrily, scaring me so much that I shifted closer to the door to stay away from him

"Okay" I whispered, flinching because I thought he was going to yell again

"Oh god may I'm sorry, I just... I can't even fathom you not eating for one day much less more than that. you need to eat okay? I'm sorry if I was mean but I'm just worried about you."

"Okay" I said still avoiding his eyes.

"Where do you want to go"

"Home"

"Okay I'll choose then" he said pulling back onto the road, i decided not to answer because I knew if I said anything he would yell at me.

"May I'm sorry I've been distant lately, I just... To be honest I was scared of you" he paused " I was scared because I've never met anyone like you, someone who I've liked like this and someone who's literally been in my dreams."

I didn't answer, mostly because I didn't know how to answer it... and because I was scared too but I didn't want him to know that. We pulled into a local diner by the time I figured out what to say. Stiles started to get out of the car

"I'm sorry" I blurted

"What?" He said stepping into the car and facing me.

I took a deep breath "I'm sorry" I paused searching his face for any emotion that could tell me to stop there, but there wasn't one "I'm sorry that I made you feel that way. Ill leave you alone" I stepped out of the car running into the diner as stiles yelled at me to wait

"What? Mason come back!"

The door to the diner closed and I ran into the girls bathroom to throw up whatever was left in my stomach. Maybe two minutes had passed before someone knocked at the door

"Hold on just a second please" I said as loud as I could before I gagged again. another two minutes passed and I had finally stopped. I opened the door to the bathroom slowly.

"Sorry I- oh. stiles hey"

"Were you throwing up in there?"

"No"

"Yes you were"

"No"

"Don't lie to me"

"Okay"

"Okay." stiles said, he was getting frustrated with me already. he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to a table. "Pick something"

"I want to go home stiles" I said staring at the wood table we sat at

"I'm sorry mason that's not an option, you have to eat" he said pushing the menu in front of my eyes.

"Stiles something doesn't feel right here." I paused and looked around "there's one other person here stiles. Stiles?"

He was frozen. I looked around again, the other man that was just here had disappeared. I considered running for a few seconds but I realized I couldn't leave stiles here. I reached over and shook his shoulders

"Stiles? stiles! Please wake up" I frantically looked around again. suddenly the man who had disappeared moments before was sitting in the booth behind us with his back facing away from me.

"Sir?" I paused "hello? Please tell me what's going on"

He remained quiet and still, exactly like stiles still was. gathering all my courage together I stood up and started to walk towards him. As I was about to become parallel to him, he turned his head to me and what I saw was absolutely terrifying.

Gauze wrapped around his body and face. His teeth were oddly shaped, rotted, and blackened, like he hadn't picked up a toothbrush in a million years. His clothes weren't much better either, he wore old looking clothes that were tattered.

"When is a door not a door" he said in a raspy snakelike voice.

"What" I squeaked, backing up and bumping into the table behind me.

"When is a door not a door"

I screamed and my vision went black. my mind races and I frantically felt around for anything to grab onto. suddenly a hand grabbed mine and I could see again. I saw stiles looking at me with a concerned look. I saw the table I was sitting at just minutes before, and k saw stiles hand grabbing mine.

"What just happened" I said, I noticed I was panting like I just ran a mile.

"I don't know" he answered

"Did you see what I saw?"

"No, I just saw you space out and I thought you were having some sort of panic attack because you wouldn't snap out of it"

"Oh god. We need to talk to deaton. Now."