Chapter 11

Mason woke up with hands on her neck and a blindfold over her eyes. Her arms fought against the attacker. Only managing to scream once before their hands were back on her throat once again. For the second time she tried fighting the person off but this time she felt something stuck into her neck and in an instant her whole body was paralyzed.

This sort of thing usually didn't happen for mason, normally she would have not even gone to sleep. However that night stiles had convinced her that she needed sleep especially after her psychotic episode in the diner. And especially after she wouldn't tell him what was wrong until he brought her home instead of going to deatons.

Unlike mason, stiles woke up naturally and happily. although after hearing car doors he looked out his window and saw masons car leaving her driveway. Thinking it was her he waved at her through his window, but he didn't recognize the driver.

----
Stiles pov.

Where is she going? And why is she going there at 3 o'clock in the morning. Why am I up at 3 in the morning following her?

*ring ring*

"Hello?" I answered

"Um stiles" Lydia's voice spoke back to me, her voice cracked like she had been screaming or crying. or maybe both. "I think you need to sit down"

"Lydia what's going on?" I said panicking

"Stiles, I think mason is dead." she paused "I-I just have that feeling."

"Uh" I froze, not knowing how to react

"Stiles, I know this is hard but I could be wrong. this time it feels a little different than the other times. like maybe she's dying but she's not dead yet."

"I gotta go Lydia" I hung up and started screaming

••••••

Masons limp body had been in the backseat of her car for quite some time now. Her body was still paralyzed, she was unable to move even the muscles in her eyelids. She kept thinking that she was dead and her mind was still stuck in her body, but she knew deep down that

While mason lied there she thought about life and all the beautiful moments that had come to her. Once she just sat in her room alone at night with the lights off and listened to music. like really really listened to it, she understood it and was moved by it. it felt like it was the first time she had listened to the song and she was just trying to figure it out for the first time. all of the dynamics and the changes of the tempo or the chords of the guitar and bass were so different to her than they had been any time before. Another time, she was with her mom in France and they got lost, they had no phones, wallets, and neither of them knew how to speak French. Eventually they gave up looking and ended up sitting down at a park and just talking. It was Masons favorite day with her mom before she died.

Mason felt the car come to a sudden stop and heard the car door next to her head was opened. She felt someone grab her and throw her out of the car before she heard the car drive away. As she sat in the ditch she realized that she wasn't the only one there. Someone, no, something was here with her.

"Hello" spoke the voice of the man from the diner. "I'm here to take you home"