𝗶𝗶. the realization

┆ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ┆

┆ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ┆

       ROSEMARY GROANED FOR WHAT seemed like the hundredth time in the past twenty minutes the students were hidden

       ROSEMARY GROANED FOR WHAT seemed like the hundredth time in the past twenty minutes the students were hidden. The girl beside her didn't take it lightly though.

       "Can you stop complaining for once? You'll probably attract unwanted attention!" Kitty whisper shouted.

       Rosie gasped in offense. "It's not my fault you followed me under a desk! We're literally cramped right now."

       That seemed to shut Katherine up considering she didn't make any effort to retaliate.

       Almost all of them were hidden under desks and behind large storage cabinets. Some were daring, like Kaden, to just simply sit in a desk not too far from a corner.

       Georgia suddenly stood up from her shared spot with Leighton. "I agree with Rosemary. I mean, c'mon we can't be hiding all day, right?"

       The others slowly came out from their hiding spots and unintentionally formed a circle around each other.

       Bea was the first to speak up. "But what if is a school shooter and we're just standing here, waiting to get killed?!"

       Louis put his hand on her shoulder and a finger to his lips. "Calm down, Bea. If it was a school shooter, then we wouldve heard gun shots, but we haven't."

       Bea slowly nodded and processed that information into her head. She took a few breaths to calm herself down, with the help of Boone of course.

       "If it isn't a school shooter, then what is it?" Castin irritatedly crossed his arms.

       Before anyone could answer, loud bangs echoed throughout the halls, effortlessly making some of the teenagers jump at the noise.

       Avery nervously grinned. "I think that answered your question, Mr. Mysterious!"

       The whole group of teenagers made their way towards the door and tried to see through its tiny, blurry window in the center of it.