𝗶v. the understandings pt. 2

┆ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢs 2┆

     BOONE stood frozen, slow breaths came out of him - almost mechanically

     BOONE stood frozen, slow breaths came out of him - almost mechanically. Yes, he has played many survival and dystopian games, but that doesn't mean he would want that in real life!

     God, he just wanted to live a peaceful life - he would grow up to be a pro video gamer (if that was even a thing), have a pet or two, and if he was really lucky maybe have a girlfriend! He potentially had his life planned out already, but the universe just had to mess it up, like if it was against him.

     Oh my god, was he even prepared to run for his life 24-7? Would he even be capable of surviving? He's not big and strong like Kaden, and not super smart like Leighton. He does have some understanding of dystopian lore, thanks to all those games he played, but would that even be enough?

☆★☆

     "HOLY fucking shit!" erupted out of Bea's mouth as she stood in shock.

     Beatrice had thought this was all some dream, a very sick fucking dream, that they were soon bound to wake up from, right? Although Bea didn't even think she would make it this far in life, it's way too late to turn back now, plus now she has actual friends to worry about.

     And this wasn't what she pictured for her future at all! Of course she's joked about dying but she didn't mean it! She pictured herself growing old with dozens of books to read and choose from, with a few cuddly companions, and maybe if she was really lucky then a boyfriend to share it all with. But no, the universe must have something against her being happy or something.

     Beatrice thought back to any source of book or game that must've included anything about zombies. Those action novels wouldn't be too far fetched from what she's experiencing now, they've even gained some survival knowledge from reading them too.

☆★☆

     HOW bored and pathetic are their lives that they even came up with a backup prank.. Benjamin thought as he looked outside the window. It was a pretty safe bet to assume this was another one of his classmates pranks (as if the other one wasn't enough).

     A loud ding came out of his pockets, followed by a course of more dings. In a hurry, Benjamin managed to get his phone, only to see dozens of text messages from their sister. Reading through all of them, Benjamin's fingers scrambled to write a response indicating that he was okay. They exited out of the texting app and pressed the news. His breath hitched as he scrolled through all of the news articles. Before he pressed on one of them, a nationwide alert rang through his phone.

THIS IS NOT A TEST !-

     "You idiot, turn that off! You'll attract those monsters!" Katherine screeched.

     "I-I cant! It's not letting me!" Benjamin fumbled with the device in his hands.

     Kaden snatched the phone and threw it onto the floor, proceeding to stomp on it when it still hadn't shut off. 

Dr spencer looked at him confusingly, "I though I took everyone's phones before detention?"

"I hid mine...to text my sister," Benjamin breathed out.

☆★☆

     "NO way...No fucking way...This is going to be a long day," Avery exhaled as he backed up away from the window.

     He managed to find an open seat near him and sat down. He looked around the room and saw how his friends dealt with the realization as well. He saw past their facades that they too were feeling some type of way. That although they were all scared and nervous, they would all be in this together.

     Avery felt his stomach twist itself into knots, like the ones you would get on the first day of school. And in its own fucked up way, this was like the first day of school, not knowing what was going to happen next or what challenges you'll stumble upon along the way but all he knew was that he had a his friends with him to head into the unknown too.

☆★☆

LEIGHTON glanced back and forth between the chaos outside the window and the chaos inside the classroom, and then again, and again. She scratched at the collar of her shirt, has it always been this stuffy? She started taking rapid short breaths and her lungs started hurting. She was going to die, I mean of course she was, right? She hates running and can't even throw a punch! What makes her think shes even capable of surviving a single day of chaos when the people outside didn't?! This was it. All those late nights studying in hopes of a better chance of getting accepted into great, prestigious universities have gone to waste. If she knew this would happen, maybe she wouldn't have tried so hard. Wait, no that was a lie, she STILL would've tried hard because that's who she is, that's all she's ever known. Would her life have meant nothing if she didn't study? Her vision started getting blurry until she found Georgia's worried eyes. Leighton always admired Georgia, her braveness, her compassion towards others, and how beautiful she was. Although she would die out of embarrassment before she would even mutter any of those words out.

She felt a warm hand grab her cold ones and that seemed to bring her back to reality. She realized she still wasn't breathing correctly but she followed Georgia's steps and calmed down. Maybe, just maybe, if Leighton stuck by Georgia, this whole end of the world thing could be a bit more tolerable.

☆★☆

IS this a dream?...Or some coma? Georgia wondered as she looked out the window. She thought she might've tripped and fell on her head or something and this was all just a weird dream and she'll wake up soon.

She turned to Leighton and saw how panicked she was. Georgia rushed to her side and aided her because dream or not she'll always help those she cares for. She instructed Leighton to slow down her breathing to calm down.

Over time, it worked and Georgia believed this might've not been a dream. And even if it was, she'll still protect those closest to her.

☆★☆

YALL I FIJISHED THE REACTIONS AHHH
NEXT UP IS A PROPER CHAPTER AND NO MORE DIFF POVS (unless its smth else 😧😏😟) anyways yall stay tunes for their first zombie kills, first kisses, and maybe deaths !! anways please vote and comment so ill grt motivated 😍