A killer strikes

After a few laps in the pool and many remarks on the fun I had last night, we all went into the house to dry off and get on with our daily routines. I grabbed my phone, texting Amber. "Wanna FaceTime?" I texted her, hoping she would say yes. "Sure", she replied quickly. I called her and she picked up on the first ring, I jumped into my bed and layed stomach down as we talked for hours. She would occasionally mention the small bite mark on my collarbone that was visible in the shirt I was wearing. "Scarlett!" Someone from the living room yelled. I grabbed my phone and put myself on mute, walking out. "Yeah? What's up?" I asked, confused on why they were yelling. "He's back." Sam said, I scratched my neck "who?". Sam and Tara looked at Mindy and Anika, "ghostface" Mindy and Anika said together. My mouth dropped in shock, it was dark by now. I shook my head "oh hell no, we have to do something!" I yelled. They all looked at each other "we have to run" Sam said, I looked at her in disbelief. "No Sam, we don't have to run. We always run, you always run! We flee the city every time something happens! We have to help, and if you're not gonna help me. Then so be it!" I said, not yelling but obviously showing my frustration. I turned to walk away until Mindy grabbed my arm "the attack was an hour ago Scarlett, and we think it's Amber". I clenched my hand into a fist and whipped around. "It can't be fucking Amber! I was on the phone with her for hours! Hours Mindy!" I yelled. I took a deep breath and turned back around. "We can talk in the morning, school starts back up again tomorrow." I said, walking into my room, unmuting myself. "Hey I have to go to bed, school tomorrow." I said, Amber turned her head to the camera nodding. "Alright, goodnight love!" She said smiling. I hung up and layed down on my back, sighing heavily.

I woke up in the morning, after getting ready I stepped into the living room. "Everyone in the car!" Chad yelled, I made my way out and got into the car. "Want me to invite Amber to prove that she's innocent?" I asked, looking at Sam. Sam nodded hesitantly. I called Amber and asked her to meet us at a park near the schools address, around 7:30 AM we all sat at our regular spot in the park. Mindy stood up and started to explain the suspects, one of chads friends Ethan was the number one suspect. "The shy and dorky roommate who's too shy and dorky to kill anyone is likely to be the killer", she turned to Quinn, a friend of Sam's. "The slutty roommate, a horror movie classic". "And you" she said. Pointing at Amber, "you've attacked us before, and I'm surprised you didn't kill Scarlett when she was at your house last night". I lifted my hand and gripped onto hers, smiling reassuringly. "Let's all go home...I think school is canceled due to the attack, Amber you can come with us. You can stay in my room with me" I said, standing up. Chad also stands up, shrugging his shoulders to the others and started walking to the car. We all followed behind and we all got into our seats, I just sat in Ambers lap since there weren't enough seats for everyone to have their own. Quinn and Ethan drove behind us and followed us to the house, once we arrived everyone went into the living room and Tara and I set up the guest rooms for Quinn and Ethan.

Tara, Quinn, Sam, cute boy, Chad, Amber, me and Mindy all sat in the living room. Eating dinner, which I cooked small sirloins for each person. Ethan walked out from the guest room with his backpack in hand "hey I'm gonna head to Econ, I have to study or else I'm gonna fail." He said, me and Mindy made eye contact. We all said goodbye and to stay safe and continued to eat. We all had conversations and laughed together, Amber held her hand on my thigh as we ate. We made eye contact for a few seconds before continuing any other conversations we were having. I heard a faint scream, someone screaming bloody murder. I looked at my phone and someone airdropped me a photo of ghostface holding Anika with a knife to her neck. I got up and ran to Anika's room, I slammed the door open and saw Anika with the knife to her neck and ghostface behind her. I ran at him and tackled him to the floor, "ANIKA RUN!" I yelled. Pinning the person to the floor, he swung his knife toward me. Stabbing me in the side of my stomach, I screamed in pain as I got off of him and threw a lamp towards his head. I ran out of the room and slammed the door closed, grunting in pain. "Get the fuck out of here!" I yelled, my voice cracking with agony. I pushed Anika out of the house toward Sam and Tara as we both limped out. Everyone else running out of the house, I blinked and without even thinking, ghostface was on top of me. He brought his knife up and swung it down towards my face, I reacted on instinct and lifted my hand in front of the attack. His knife sliding straight through my hand like butter, I screamed once more, starting to cry as I punched his mask. Obviously it was a male due to sheer size, he pinned me down and lifted his knife to finish me off. Right when I thought my life had been over, Amber ran into the room with the wooden rack we used to hold our knives and hit the ghostface in the head. Knocking him off of me, I scrambled to my feet and ran out of the door limping. Amber under my arm to support me. She closed the door of the house and helped me run to the car, she opened the door for me and I got in. I was holding my hand down on my stomach wound, crying out in pain. "Fuck!" I groaned out, the blood getting all over the car.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket with a bloody hand, calling 911 and telling the operator the address and what our status was. A few minutes later and police cars and ambulance pulled up to the house, I was carried out of the car and placed into an ambulance to be treated without going to a hospital. They patched up my stomach and put bandages around my hand, wiping some of the blood off of me. I sat on the edge of the car and sat beside Anika. "Are you alright? Did he get any vital areas?" I asked, just trying to make sure she was okay. She turned over and hugged me, tightly "thank you for saving me Scarlett..." she said, her voice cracking. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her, "of course..." I said quietly, rubbing her back gently. Soon, the rest of our group came. Relieved to see we were okay, I smiled as I saw them. Sam, Tara, Amber, Mindy and Chad all came close and we all huddled into a group hug. I winced slightly "ow, ow, watch the stomach watch the stomach!" I exclaimed as they hugged me a little too tight. I laughed a little bit as they let go, Amber came in front of me and held my face. Smiling and teary eyed "I'm so glad you're okay..." she says, on the verge of crying. I leaned forward and kissed her softly, "I'll never leave, not now, not ever" I said sniffling. My smile dropped as I saw Ethan behind Amber, I got up and walked quickly over to him angrily. I grabbed onto his collar with my good hand and shoved him against the wall. "Where were you!?" I yelled, pushing him harder against the wall. "I was at Econ!" He replied frantically. I scoffed "bullshit, we know who you are now ghostface!" I said, turning around and going back to the car, sitting down. Kirby, I thought. I saw her walking into the house, examining the blood and mask that he dropped. Someone came up to me and the group, they didn't mention their name yet mentioned that Kirby is working on the ghostface case with us.