22

A large number of guests had arrived and a lot more were still on their way after all it was going to be the wedding of the prince one of the most powerful kingdoms in Korea. The whole city was decorated like a bride and the palace looked like a heaven on earth with flowers and gold ornaments used in the decoration. Long tables and round tables for the guests were set up in the garden where the ceremony was to be held. Chefs from all around the world were called to this event.
Jungkook sat in his room looking at the beautiful black tux in front of him that his mother had gotten sewed for him. He had to start getting ready soon because the results were going to be announced during lunch so that the wedding could be held in the evening. Even though he knew his decision, he felt nervous and rather giddy. He opened one of the drawers on his bedside table and pulled out a small box. It contained the royal family heirloom, a stunning blue sapphire ring which was worn by all the queens.

Taehyung's parents had arrived in the morning and now they were all sitting in his room, trying to figure out the situation. Tarhyung had told them about all the encounters he had with the prince and his mother got very excited that he might be the one the prince chooses but when Taehyung asked them about what he is supposed to do after that, no one was able to answer. They had been trying to figure out a way to keep the secret for at least two months because that's long it was going to take them to take over the kingdom. Even though Taehyung knew it was necessary, it still hurt him to lie to Jungkook when he had been so sweet to him.

It was 12:30 and at 1 pm, the results were to be announced.

"So did you find my baby?" the man asked.
"Yes, sir. He is in fact in the palace but there is bad news." Xiao answered.
The man frowned but urged him to continue.
"He has been posing as one of the contestants because his kingdom is in great debt and if the prince chooses him, their debt will be cleared. All the expenses of the kingdom will be covered by Busan.
"Are you s-sure?" the man said trying to keep his composure.
"Yes, boss. We had to kidnap one of the close family members to get this information out and I think it's reliable."
The man dismissed everyone in the room and his grip on the glass he was holding kept getting tighter.
"Why would you do this to me baby?" he said to himself and glass shattered in his hand.
His eyes were turning red and the rage in it would have sent shivers down the spine of anyone who saw them.
"I will make you mine, no matter what. I know how to get what's mine."

Everyone had gathered in the garden, the lunch tables were set up. All the contestants and their families sat in the front while all the guests were spread across the tables around the garden. They waited eagerly for the royal family to come so the event could be started. One particular table sat in the centre which was decorated in white and was loaded with flowers, it was where the prince and the winning contestant were to dine after the results.
There was a loud announcement before the arrival of the prince who was accompanied by his parents and of course Prince Jimin. They all took seats on the stage while Namjoon and Jin stood at the corners of the stage. Jungkook stood up and walked to the front of the podium.
"Good afternoon everyone! On behalf of the royal family, I thank everyone who is here today to attend this special ceremony. I would also like to thank all the princesses who came here for the royal selection, it was an honour to meet everyone. I learned a lot from everyone and made some great friends. This also helped me to find my soulmate, the one I am willing to love my whole life.
It is almost time for me to announce the result, the name of the special someone who has been the reason for my smile since the day she arrived at the palace."
Everyone drew a breath as Jungkook came closer and closer to announcing the name. Taehyung was mesmerized by the way the prince looked in the sun like god himself was blessing him in his ventures. The tux complimented his physique and his aura seemed warm yet intimidating. He had heard him sing but still his voice did things which he couldn't explain in words.
"The one who is going to be the future queen of this kingdom and my life partner is... Princess Taenie of Daegu."
Hearing his name made him snap out of the trance. He heard applause all around and his mother urging him to go forward. He had not seen the prince step down from the podium and come in front of him while extending his hand. Taehyung took the hand absentmindedly but everything around him seemed to have stopped. He could just see the beautiful bit in front of him holding his hand and he swear he could hear his heartbeat. At that moment, he knew he saw Jungkook in a different light.
"Shall we, princess?" Jungkook said.
Taehyung nodded and followed him to the stage holding his stage.
The results were followed by a speech from the king and an announcement of all the legalities regarding the marriage. The couple sat at the centre table where everyone came to congratulate them.
"So, did you expect it was going to be you?" jungkook asked process Taenie with his face resting on his palm.
"Uh, it was very unexpected and I am still trying to wrap my head around it." the princess said blushingly.
"It's not good that you were shocked by this because there are a lot more surprises coming your way," Jungkook said winking at the princess.
They were then occupied with having lunch with their families. They kept stealing glances at each other and when Jungkook saw the princess getting nervous, he help her hand under the table to help with it. Princess Taenie smiled at Jungkook and continued with the lunch. They then retired to their rooms to prepare for the wedding ceremony.

They had not noticed someone looking at them from a distance, gritting their teeth.

I am so excited for the upcoming parts!
It's going to get super dark.
Please check out the Namjin one shots too! I will upload the final chapter soon!
Thank you everyone!
Vote if you like it!