Chapter 5-Worry

-I really think you should go home and get some rest-Soap was on the phone with Gaz.
-Gaz, I can't leave him
-You've been sitting there for the whole day
-I was there for only five hours, it's not that much
-Go home Soap, they will take care of him
-You know what, goodbye
Soap hung up on him, still sitting in yhe hospital. He's been waiting for Ghost to wake up to be sure everything's gonna be okay and that he's feeling good. Everything they did together went through his mind. He remembered the pillow fight he started after an argument, which resulted in laugh instead of bad moods, he also reminded himself of the Valentine's day.

It was 7AM, Soap sat on the bed and ran his finger through his hair. He noticed that Ghost was gone, and heard some noise from the kitchen. At first he was surprised, Simon rarely cooked anything, but then he became alerted, realizing that what he thought could actually turn into a disaster. He quickly put on his hoodie and left the bedroom. He rushed to the kitchen, where the light was on, and all he heard was gas running. Soap has never opened the door this quickly, only to see Ghost standing in the kitchen with pancakes on a table and chocolate sauce in his hand.
-Hey Soap
Soap was way too lost to answer
-Soap? Johnny?
He quickly snapped back to reality, and realized the voice he heard was Ghost's actual one.
-Ghost! You are awake!
-I am-Simon attempted to turn his body towards Soap, but he felt sharp pain on the injured side of his body. Soap noticed it and got up.
-Hey, Ghost, don't get up. You need to rest now
-Aren't I'm the one supposed to tell YOU what to do?-Simon was in the mood for jokes for some reason
-Well, yes, but we are off duty now
-Can I at least hug you somehow?
Soap came closer to Ghost and bent by him. Ghost wrapped his arms around his love, and gave him a kiss, before putting his head back on the pillow.
-Johnny?
-Yes?
-How bad is it?
-The doctor told me you lost a lot of blood, but you'll be fine
-I don't know if I should be happy honestly
-What do you mean Lt?
-Well, if I lost a lot of blood does that mean I am on a higher risk during missions?
-I have no idea, also, Price gave me your mask, do you want it?
-I can go without it for now
-Alright
Ghost tried to adjust himself to a comfortable position, when he felt the pain again. His hand quickly reached towards the spot, and his eyes closed. The pain was impossible to handle, it was worse than when he was even shot.
-Ghost, are you okay?!
-It hurts...
-Wait, I'll get the doctor.
Soap rushed out of the room and quickly found doctor Melendez talking with another surgeon
-Doctor, something's wrong with Ghost please, help!
The doctor didn't hesitate and ran to the room with Soap. They saw in how much pain Simon was, so the doctor had to act quickly.
-Okay, I'll pick up your shirt and we'll see what's wrong-
-What is it, doctor?
-He might have internal bleeding, we need an OR quickly!

Soap found himself on the same sofa, waiting for the news about the same person. He took out Ghost's mask and held it in his hands. It was pretty big, Soap noticed. He started rotating it in his fingers, like if he was fidgeting. He suddenly felt a tear hit his hands. The worry again, except this time he was much more worried. He didn't even know if Ghost will survive, just like the last time, but back then he had a chance to acknowledge it. He heard footsteps coming in his direction, so he looked up to see the same doctor he's seen many times already
-Is he okay?
-Not really. We discovered that his kidney is destroyed, causing blood to slowly drown his insides. (I know it's extremely unprofessional and probably doesn't make sense but I am not a medicine student or a doctor okay?)
-Is there anything you can do, doctor?
-Well, we closed the source for now but it won't last long. He would need a transplant, but there aren't any kidneys in many hospitals that would match his body.
-Could I give mine?
-We would have to run some tests and see if it's possible. If it is then I don't see any issue.