𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

The group of people panicked, the only way out of Aresta was closed.  Among this group of panicked people stood a young girl no older than the age of 7, she stood crying wiping her tears on her jacket sleeve. "Daddy?" She called out, hoping to see her dad appear from the crowd of people. "Little girl, are you okay?" An older man's voice asked. The young girl looked up to see a man with long black hair and mid slim figure peering above her.

The young girl sniffed and answered the unknown man's question "I lost my daddy.." she managed to say in between sniffles. Just the thought of it made the young girl cry, the man eyes scoffed as he bend down to be eye level with her. "It's okay, will find him" the man said.  The sweet interaction was quietly interrupted by a faint scream of a women in the distance.

The man immediately got up to see the commotion, the young girl was too small to see over the sea of people but judging by the body language of those around her, and the pale look on the man's face, she could tell it was bad. All of the sudden the panicked group turned into a bigger panic and immediately every started to run. The young girl fell over from being knocked by one of the older gentlemen running by.

The young girl felt terrified as this is exactly what happened last time, right before she lost her dad.  Suddenly she felt two firm hands grab her by her shoulders and pick her up. The young girl looked up to see it was the man who asked her if she was okay. He ran with her in his arms for what seemed like forever, his plan was to run far enough for them to not be discovered.

The man searched around for a hiding spot, and settled on an old out of business cafe place called "Crafts Cafe" he found an opening through a busted window and crawled inside, little girl still in hand. Once they got inside they couldn't see much, the only light source was the street lights that came in through the windows. He put the young girl down and began to search for a blanket to cover the windows, so they couldn't be seen from the outside.

Upon his search for the blankets he looked over at the young girl who was examining a painting on the wall, he realized he never asked her for a name. "Hey, peep squeak" he called out, the girl turned around in confusion.

"What's your name?" He asked, the girl remained silent for a moment before responding. "Jayla.." she said with a little smile "what's your?" she asked. "Call me Jack" he grinned before he continued his search for blankets.

The young girl smiled once more "okay Jack.."