1. Teeth

The chilly wind brushed on my skin. My eyes closed and I welcomed the air to flicker my hair.

Suddenly the night was not that lonely.  It didn't seem scary. It almost felt like the night put me at ease. I get to feel this sometimes.  It's an occasional kinda thing.

Because,  bitch I'm high as hell, not on life, but weed. Everything is perfect except for this guy who is nothing but a buzz kill. Why did I come to this date? What was I thinking for fuck's sake!
Well, I do know what was I thinking.  I was thinking to find true fucking love on a weird ass dating app.

"Are you listening to me?" A heavy voice pulled me back into reality.

I turned to my right side only to see the man sitting on the driver's side, giving me an amused look.

"Yeah! Yes, I'm listening."

"No. You're not." A wicked smile played across his lips.

"Look" I tilted my body towards him and adjusted myself to explain him a thing "I zone out sometimes. It's my thing because let's be real, human is the only species that is delusional and unsatisfied. They look for an escape and they—" I couldn't complete my sentence because I was taken aback when he leaned forward from his driver's seat. My reflex acted out instantly and I pushed my face back. He was just a mere inches away from me. I could feel his breath on my lips. It disgusted me. It was not like he had bad breath, it was just his breath. It was suffocating and disgusting.

"No?" He asked me monotonously.

"No." My voice came out like a whisper.

I was scared to death. I didn't want to kiss him. What if he forces himself on me? God why do I have to take bad decisions every fucking time.

Please just save me this time. I'm never going on a date again. Please please, please!

"Sorry," he pulled away and embarrassment was all over his face. " I thought you'd wanna make out like every other girl I met. I didn't know you were not interested."

"No. It's fine. I understand. Seriously, it's okay."
I started rambling because my people-pleasing ass couldn't bear this.

I'm grateful that he has no idea that I'm high. Now I'm regretting getting high to be very honest but that's the only way I can bring out my inner self to talk to any guy. Dating is boring. Adulthood is boring. The pressure of being with someone when you're all alone and your daddy issues kick in.

A tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my thought trance.

I looked at him and realized that I forgot his name.
Holy Mother Of A Cow!!!!!

"Your phone" He picked up my phone from somewhere and handed it to me.

Phew! My new roommate is calling.
From where did she get my number?

I swiped right and put the phone against my ears.

"Hiraya, are you okay?  You're way too late. It's not safe out there these days." Concern was evident in her voice.

"Bro she is getting laid tonight. Why are you clam-jamming her?" Auley's voice came from a distance. She is unbelievable, I swear!

"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Can you come to the entrance gate?"

"Sure. Just ping me when you reach."

"Alright. "

I hung up and looked at the guy who was smoking and looking at me at the same time.

"Is it necessary to go back to the dorm? I mean,  we can hang and chill tonight.  I'll drop you in the morning."

Why is he making this worse? It's so obvious that he wants to get in my pants but why is he so dumb to keep trying?
People are cynical. They don't understand the crooked ways of sanity.