Part Fourteen

Liliana and our conversations quickly became the only positive thing in my life. She was soft and quiet. After a few weeks, maybe months now, I began to stop comparing her to Y/N, around the same time I stopped having hope that they were coming for me. They likely believed I was dead. I suppose I couldn't blame them. It did bring mild comfort knowing I truly knew that would find me if they believed I was alive. All I've ever desired was to be treated fairly, to be loved. In the end, at least I knew I had that. From Thor, from Y/N... I had a family, even Odin and I got along, in the end... The closure was enough, even if it wouldn't make up for everything that was lost. 

There was no way to keep track of time here. I began to look forward to the small glances I could get of Liliana when they took me away. One time she stuck her tongue out, making a face to get me to laugh, I suppose. It worked, and they beat me for the laughter. She didn't do again after that, but on occasion she would smile at me. That was also appreciated. 

We didn't talk after the lights went out. I wasn't really sure why, it just seemed like too much I suppose. We guessed that we had about 18 hours of lights on time. Talking that much would be enough. I used that time to think of Y/N and try to imagine what she would be doing now. Has the Soldier made his move yet? I sure hope so, he would be an imbecile to waste this opportunity. I still hoped that she moved on but equally hoped to be mourned fully. Love is full of contradictions. 

We were never given extra clothes, the shirt I was wearing when I was taken is long torn apart. I don't even bother putting it on now. I asked for a shower once, and they doused me in freezing cold water and then threw me back in my cell early. 

"Shower?" Liliana asked, obviously hearing me shattering my teeth together. 

"Y-y-es."

"Come close to the wall." 

I did as she asked, groaning when I leaned against the wall and felt the coldness of it against my freezing body. I attempted to will my body to stop shivering enough to ask her why but before I could, a rush of heat flew from the wall and warmed my body. My clothes were still damp, but not drenched anymore. That enough helped to feel better.

"How? Are they not draining your magic as they are mine?" I waited for her response and heard a thump. "Liliana?!" I jumped up, feeling helpless as there was still a thick brick wall between us.

"I'm fine." Her voice sounded breathless, she was struggling. "I... I've been saving pieces of it, my magic... When they drain it, I empty a piece of it into my shoe..." Her breathing was labored and slow but I continued to patiently wait her explanation. "They never test for magic around us, just in us... I only transfer small amounts, in case they notice. It's been storing up, I thought... I'd use it to escape..."

"And instead, you used it for me?" My heart warmed, I had never had anyone ever do something so selfless for me. 

There was a pause so long I began to worry but she continued. "You would not have dried before you could've frozen to death. That happened to one of the others before..."

She didn't want me to die. She sacrificed a possible escape to save me. Or at the very least prolonged the escape possibility. 

"Teach me how to do it. Teach me to syphon our magic so that we can both escape, soon."

"Loki-"

"We will escape, and I will take you home with me. To Earth, to Asgard, where ever we want. But I will not be leaving without you, Liliana."