detention

Jisung's POV

It was the start of the school year and I was not looking forward to it. How could anyone possibly look forward to going back to school? Definitely not me.

The day had just started and I was already dreading it.

Firstly, I fell off my oh-so-comfortable bed and rolled onto the floor, hurting both my butt and back. Then, when I was getting out of the shower, I tripped on myself and fell on my butt, again. Thirdly, I wanted to get a glass of water. But guess what? I burnt my left hand because I accidentally poured the hot water on it instead of in the cup.

How the hell did I even miss the cup?

After the series of unfortunate events, I had to run all the way to the school as I was going to be late.

Narrative Perspective

Sweat was trickling down Jisung's forehead as he ran through the streets. His feet slapped against the concrete floor; jetting past the various figures that blurred in his speed.

Jisung came to a halt as he waited anxiously for the traffic light to turn bright green.

'Holy shit, I'm going to be late.' Jisung thought as he looked at the portable timepiece strapped around his wrist.

Once the traffic light turned green, Jisung sprinted across the road and made a turn. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as Jisung as he pushed harder and went faster.

Not noticing his surroundings, Jisung accidentally bumped into someone and they both fell onto the hard flooring.

"Ouch, that hurt." the person beneath Jisung said. The quokka boy stood up with wide eyes and a worried expression.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry. Are you okay? I really did not mean to bump into you. I was just in a rush and—" before Jisung could finish, he was cut off by the person he bumped into, saying that he was absolutely fine. "By what I can see, you have a place to be at urgently. I am fine so you can get going."

Jisung nodded and thanked the male for understanding his situation and continued his journey to the school.

Jisung's POV

First period was hell.

Not only did I get scolded, plus an hour of detention for not reaching class before 8AM, Ms Chen (math's teacher) kept asking me to answer the complicated questions that were written horribly on the board. Her handwriting is barely legible and she expects me to solve the question? Plus, when will we ever use mathematics in our lives? Calculators were made for a reason and one reason only.

*Ringing sound of a bell*

"FINALLY! I can take a break from all these things that I'm expected to learn when it won't even help me in the freaking future." Felix, my sunshine of a friend, said while throwing his arms in the air. I chuckled at my friend's statement.

Felix has been my friend for 9 years and I have never once regretted being his friend.

Whenever I was at my lowest points, Felix would always find a way to cheer me up. Whenever my anxiety kicked in, Felix would always stay by my side and comfort me until I was fine. Whenever I felt sad or upset, Felix would always hug and talk to me. Felix was the only one I opened up to and the only one I found comfort in.

I trust Felix more than I trust myself and I would want us to stay friends 'till my last breath.

"Hey, Sungie. Wanna go to the cafe that just opened a few blocks away from school? I heard that their cheesecake tastes amazing!"