When I Met You

Lines; They're stupid. They're even more imbecilic when you have to stand near the end, and I was lucky enough to be placed at the very end. The people standing in front of me are so lame. Obsessing like that in public is just wrong. After about an hour of waiting another poor sap made his way to stand beside me. Poor kid. "Sooo... you're waiting in line too?" No shit, Sherlock. "Yeah." Why's he even trying with this. "Whats, your name? I'm John!" "Dave." "Nice to meet you, Dave!" Oh wow, he's got huge buck teeth. They make talking to him much more entertaining. This kid never stops talking. You'd think I would be ready to strangle him by now, but I'm.... not. I sure as hell am not interested in what he's talking about, but... I get an excuse to stare at him and seem like I'm paying attention. We both win this way. Its really cute when his hair falls into his field on vision and his has to fix it. It makes him all flustered and its just so cute. Not to mention he pushes his glasses back onto his face every three seconds. Thank you god for sending me this perfect dorky face. John deserves an award for the longest amount of time spent talking. If talking were an Olympic sport, he'd be taking home the gold. Jesus. My ears are worn out. Its midnight and John's finally starting to tone down the talking. I guess I have no more reason to stare at him. Damn it, I want to but it'd just be creepy if I did. Its getting hard to keep my eyes open and I'm guessing John was thinking the same because he passed out on my shoulder. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, he's in my personal space. On the other hand, he's in my personal space. Fuck being conscious I need my beauty sleep. I rested my head on John's and was out like a light. At around noon I decided to grace the world with my presence and woke up. I my eyes opened to see John playing with my hair. He didn't notice I was awake because of my shades, so I just let do what he was doing for a while. I wonder how my head ended up in his lap.. I wont question it. After half an hour of him twirling my luscious locks I sat up and we talked. There isn't really much to do other than that. "Hey Dave, when this is over do you want to hang out sometime?" Yes. Hell yes. Hell fucking yes. "Sure." His face lit up and he scooted closer to me so he could show me his Ghost Busters bracelet. "Sweet bracelet." Shitty movie. "Thanks!" I cant get enough of his smile, I wish it would always stay plastered on his face. Ive known this kid for less than a day and he's already the best thing that's ever happened to my life. I think I'm crushing on him, but how could I not? Hes fucking adorable. "Dave? Daaave. Earth to Dave." Its rude to interrupt peoples awkward thoughts and fantasies, John. "What?" "Am I boring you?" Oh god, his smile went south for the winter. It wilted like a dehydrating plant. "No, I was just thinking about stuff. Sorry." "Its okay." He smiled to me but I could tell it wasn't true. I don't know WHAT sort of comforting I was trying to do, but I held his hand at a horrible attempt to make up for my ignoring him. His face shaded pink when I did. Smooth Dave, smooth. All I could do when he looked at me was smile. I am great at this. We've been sitting here in silence for a while now, it seems as though the world around us has stopped. John's the first one to make any kind of movement. He scoots closer to me, gripping my hand tighter. Oh yeah, I'm still holding his hand. I've never been more glad to have my shades cover three fourths of my face. I'm blushing so hard. John cleared his throat. "Dave... do you wanna... just ditch this line?" We both honestly forgot why we were even here to begin with. "Sure." He pulled me to my feet and we walked. Not to any specific area, just around town. He dragged me around every street and every corner of the town without saying a word. I kinda got the impression that he wanted to tell me something, but didn't want to say it based on his expression. "Slow down there Egbert, my legs can only take so much walking." He abruptly stopped, then finally dragged me into an alleyway. Not suspicious at all. "Can you tell me something?" He caught my attention. "Like what?" He sighed before continuing. "Well... I"m not very good at reading body language or figuring out peoples signals. I for the life of me can not tell with you. So I just want to know.... Do you like me?" Nice way to put me on the spot, John. Thanks for that. I really appreciate it. "I-..." I raised my arm to hang it on the back of my neck and somehow managed to knock my shades off. Oh my god. My face is exposed. This isn't good. God it's fucking bright outside. But more importantly, John can read me like a book now. I try to cover my face and pick up my shades before he can see anything but too late for that, he pulled my arm away from my face and just stared at me. This is fucking humiliating. The longer he stares, the redder my face gets. Fuck fuck fuck, stop it. "Your eyes..." Damn it all. Of all the things to look at, it had to be my demon red eyes. "They're.... so pretty!" Hold the phone. What malarkey just spewed out of his mouth? "You're kidding... right?" "Not at all! Why do you keep those shades on all the time, they're beautiful!" I want to argue, but for some reason I can't. John's words keep making my heart flutter. I can't take it, he's too cute. I leaned in close to him and whispered "And to answer your question, yeah I do." and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. His face lit up candy red. "Thank god." He grabbed my face, pulled me in and gave me a long satisfying smooch. Damn, that was great. He grabbed my hand again. "Let's go back to my house." I followed him. We hung out all evening and it was great. I'm glad I sacrificed my time listening to a dork in a random line because That's exactly how I met my boyfriend, John Egbert.