2

TANK

  "Let's get some food before you just eat all that candy." I watched her pause as she tried to open a bag of smarties and she sighed, but I figured she knew I was right, since she closed the shopping back and set it back on the other seat behind her. "Diner?"

  "Sure. I'll ask my brother what he wants." I drove as she texted and I kept my head on a swivel in case anything was about to come out of nowhere.

  "Let me get out first." I told her. I saw a bike I didn't recognize in the parking lot and I'd be damned if she got out first and it ended up being some other MC.

  She waited for me and I looked for any sign of the guy inside but didn't see anyone so I got her door open and had her hand in mine, making sure to keep her behind me,

  "I haven't eaten here in so long." She mumbled as we waited for someone to seat us and she went to the little stack of menus. She looked them over and I kept my eyes peeled for anyone else's colors.

  "Hey. Take a seat anywhere along the windows. I'll be right with you." I nodded at Daisy and headed for the set in the back, putting her in a booth and I watched the doors.

  I heard her humming as she looked over the menu and I knew what I wanted. I got the same things when I came here so it wasn't too hard to pin down.

  I watched Daisy head our way, a little tired and upset by something but she plastered on a smile before she got to our table. "Are we doing the meatloaf or the Ruebin tonight Travis?" She asked with a knowing smile.

  "He hasn't even looked at a menu yet, since you didn't give him one." I heard Fiona snap and I saw the way Daisy gulped and looked from her to me.

  "Did you want a menu? You usually wave it off."

  "I'm good Daisy. I'll take a Reuben. Garlic fries this time and corn please." She nodded and wrote it down on her little notepad. "Drink?"

  "Coke, light ice." I told her and she nodded, getting that down too, before she chanced another look at Fiona.

  "Have you decided?" I asked her when Fi kept the menu up.

  "I'll have the spaghetti dinner, with a soup for a starter. Minestrone soup. And I'll have a coke, no ice for me." Fiona slid the menu across the table and I glared as Diasy made sure to retreat fast.

  "What is your problem?" I asked when she seemed to get huffy.

  "Oh... just take me to the diner where one of the girls calls you by your first name-" She muttered on and on and I sat back and waited to be able to call her out on it. She was jealous.

  "Done being jealous?" I asked when she went quiet.

  "Jealous? Of that little mouse? Who do you think you're playing with Travis?" She shouted, calling attention to us in seconds. Daisy looked over at us, she was beet red and moved quickly to disappear into the kitchen.

  "You realize that is Daisy, the same little 14-year-old Daisy who used to take our orders when we were teens. Of course, she calls me by my first name. She calls Rowdy and Gash by their first names too. She knows all of us." I told her and I saw a little bit of anger seep out of her and it was replaced by complete regret and embarrassment.

  "And you never told her to call you Tank?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes and watched as Daisy brought our drinks. As soon as she put the set of glasses down she turned and headed right to another table.