[Chapter 4] - Progress

(POV - 3RD)

Deep within a chamber built inside a grand cathedral, there were multiple figures sitting around an elongated table with seats that have various symbols carved into them, representing the said figure sitting on their chair

Normally, meetings like these would not be at all common but the discussion that brought the involved parties into this room all focused on one certain individual.

Alexander Ataegina or his family bloodline in general.

To shortly summarise all the basis of history in this particular place; the grand cathedral in question is a property of Schicksal, an organisation dedicated to defeat what Alexander had discovered prior which is the entity known as the Honkai or Houkai. Whatever floats.

As one of the major and most influential organisation that seemingly has its eyes on every part of the world, Schicksal is was formed in 14th century in Europe which and slowly grew in power as more members joined them, including powerful families.

Although Schicksal is comprised of various families and clans, the most prominent and primary branches of the organisation belongs to three major houses which was once four instead.

House Schariac, House Kaslana, House Apocalypse and the former House Ataegina.

The Schariac bloodline in Schicksal is primarily known as a family that took on the role of "priestesses" due to their female members being capable of controlling the Honkai energy to a great extent that surpasses other houses.

The Kaslana bloodline's roles in Schicksal is to fight directly in the frontlines as their genes possess the ability to combat the Honkai forces and adapt to its powers, taking on the role of "knights" or "einherjars" which makes them a powerhouse in the organisation.

The Apocalypse bloodline, unlike both Schariac and Kaslana, does not involve themselves in direct combat against the Honkai but instead, the family members governs over Schicksal itself and the territories they lord over which entitles them to the role of "bishops". 

Lastly, the former prevalent bloodline of Ataegina, the entire family forces are comprised of "tankers" and "shielders", thanks to their unexplainable high resistance to the Honkai as well as superhuman attributes which rivals them against the Kaslana house.

However, the said family is all but wiped out and banished from Schicksal as they were labelled "heretics" by the higher authorities, but that is a story for another time and chapter.

The individuals' appearances were all obscured by the hood and masks that were worn on their faces, but their voices resonated clearly through the gloom chamber, almost echoing.

"Has everything been taken care of?" One of them began which another answered.

"The Ataegina bloodline had been a thorn by our side for too long, it's only natural to prune the weed out before it could do harm to our cause." The second voice stated out.