smitten ; nishimura riki/ni-ki

enhypen bottom!riki x top!reader
reader pronouns : they/them
warnings : none
desc : where riki becomes smitten with another idol from the first look
* requested

⠀

riki rubbed his eyes slowly as he let out a yawn and walked out of his room. jungwon, sunoo, and jay were already in the common room, their attention on what looked like a performance on tv. the male noticed sunoo and jay watching pretty nonchalantly, while jungwon in contrast looked completely invested. he was sat on the sofa, leaned forward and clutching a pillow to his chest with wide eyes.

"what're you guys watching?" riki inquired as he went to sit with them.

"jungwon's watching videos of his new favorite group and roped us in," sunoo answered, making jay nod in confirmation.

"oh, what group is it?" riki asked again while trying to focus on the displayed members' faces.

"they're a newer group named g/n! also known as my newest obsession," jungwon cut in eagerly. riki exchanged amused looks with the other two, stifling small snickers.

riki watched the performance with his members until it reached the end, finding himself pretty impressed. the group had talented vocals and synchronized choreography, and the song itself was bound to get stuck in his head for the next week.

his heart jumped at the sight now on the tv screen. never had he felt so entranced by a simple ending fairy, but if anyone could grab his attention like this, he supposed it was the member he was looking at.

"..who's that?" he questioned, more toward jungwon this time. the other's eyes quickly lit up at his groupmate's interest.

"that's y/n! they're an insanely amazing dancer, so you'd probably like them. this is actually the group we're meeting tomorrow for that interview, remember?" he answered happily. riki only nodded in response, feeling his cheeks growing a bit heated from y/n throwing a subtle wink to the camera before the video ended completely.

jay hid a knowing smile and looked at sunoo, who could also see the youngest's new infatuation.

"i think cupid has a new victim," jay whispered.

::

"nervous?"

riki's head turned to the male who was now beside him as they walked into the building where their interview event was being held. jungwon had a gentle smile, which made the younger feel a little better.

"mhm," he mumbled in response. jungwon pat his back supportively.

"don't worry, you'll be great."

riki looked down at his feet as he continued walking. if only not worrying was that easy.