Awake

You begin to wake up. You're sad because it didn't seem to work. And you apparently fell on the floor during your slumber. You don't remember the carpet feeling quite this way though. You finally manage to open your eyes as you realize you're actually on grass. Surrounded by Truffula trees! 

I begin to hear a wagon drawn by a donkey rumbling somewhere off in the distance. I find sanctuary on the side of a small hill. I find myself watching the Onceler start playing his familiar, guitar praising the Truffula trees.

I watch as he and his back-round singers approach my area. I decide to wait for him to finish his musical number before emerging from my hiding spot. 

"Wow those barbaloots and swomme swans look pretty angry."

"HUOAH! Who said that?"

"I did."

"Who are you?"

"I'm y/n! And you?"

"I'm The Onceler, but you can just call me Onceler. No need for the!"

"Uhm- I would probably focus on those angry animals and not me right now."

(Onceler turns)

"Oh uh (scrambles in wagon) Ahah-oh!"

I try to stifle my laugh as an angry barbaloot launches himself at the jumbo bag of marshmallows Onceler is holding. The bag suddenly bursts open and begins raining marshmallows everywhere. Onceler is smiling as all the animals' faces light up. 'It seems everything is okay again, and everybody is happy. Including me! I still can't believe this worked'

 "Well, better get to chopping!" Onceler says as he pulls on a pair of green gloves.

"Wow, he's even stronger and taller in person!"

"Sorry, what was that y/n? I didn't hear you over my tree chopping"

"Oh, nothing!" I say sheepishly realizing I said that out loud.

I quickly scurry away with the barbaloots and help them do little tricks to compete with the fish.

"Wait, where did everybody go?" I hear in the distance as Onceler admires his work.

I hear him start dragging the tree and just have to turn around.

"GYATT!" 'He really just carried a whole tree.'

The smallest barbaloot tries to draw my attention back to the game underway, so I hurriedly go back to judging. Suddenly, the sky gets super cloudy and there is thunder and lightning everywhere. "Oh no! I forgot about this part!"  Fruitlessly, I begin to search for cover from the high winds currently summoning the Lorax, and fall over. The tiny orange thing is extremely flustered. I begin searching for rocks to put around the tree stump, already knowing what's about to happen.

The Lorax storms off in search of Onceler.  Man, this is going to get interesting