Chapter 1- It All Starts Here

• Dedicated to Friends, Karina and Caitlin

When Samantha walked into school with her coffee in her hand, I knew she was ready for the day. Me and Sam are very good friends that hang out with people just like us and we couldn't be happier. Our table is filled with crazy, funny and athletic people that love to do fun stuff. My name is Jake and i'm 15 years old...

It started as a normal day at Falcon High School in Lakewood, Michigan. People started to arrive at school and getting ready for another boring day at school...

My friends and I were already at our table when Sam arrived. She is a somewhat average girl with brown hair with some blue in it too. Her best friend Sarah which is a columbian girl that just moved from florida is sitting across from her. "What kind of coffee is that?" Sarah said with smile. "Decaf with milk and sugar". Sam looked at her with that look on her face telling sarah to just "Shut Up". Our other friends started to arrive. Gina, a really tall african american girl who was the jokester of the group, Ashley, a tall girl that loves to play sports especially softball. She walked in with her bat and ball. "Guys, I'm soo happy right now. No one can ruin my day". We could figure out that she made the the team.

When it was time to go to class, we walked through the hallways to our class. Me, Sarah and Sam have our own little spot before we go to class. Unfortunalty we don't have any class together so the only time we see each other is now.

This boy that I saw earlier was in my health class. He looked really shy and wasn't talking to anyone. I decided to go and talk to him. "Hi, I'm Jake. Are you new here?" He looked at me and then looked at his book. "I see your reading Romeo and Juliet...That's a good book". The boy again looked up and said "You've read it before?". I stopped for a second to take a good look at him. He was wearing a hollister shirt that said WAVES BEFORE BABES and baggy sweatpants like he just came from a thift shop.

After Class, I was walking with him in the hallways to get to know him.better. "My name's Timmy by the way". Timmy? It reminded of my neighbor from next door. He's name is Timmy but he's a construction worker from Minnesota. He was still reading ROMEO AND JULIET. He looked at me like he saw a ghost. "I just moved her from California".I smiled and thought how it must of been cool living in califronia. He looked at me and smiled, "Thank you" for what? I looked at him with that questioning look on my face. "For being my friend".